• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch interactions fail

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an older application build in Flash (Actionscript 2) where the user can drag items, select a pen and write stuff. Writing with the mouse still works, but on a touchscreen it is broken since the last update of Flashplayer or most browsers. We can't identify what causes the problem. The application still opens in the browsers, but the touchevents aren't captured any more, except for drawing a single dot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AS2 doesn't have multitouch APIs.  If we're handling touchscreen events, I imagine that they were being handled as mouse events. 

The best way to figure it out would be to have someone here reproduce the problem while bisecting Flash Player builds to identify the offending change, and/or under a debugger.  Without the ability to debug it, I can only guess.

Feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to share that stuff publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines