Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Installing Adobe Flash Player On Ubuntu

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my name is Kulu,

I Make use of Linux Ubuntu Os. I really Need Adobe Flash player for my web browser. While i was Trying to download DEBIAN UBUNTU APT,  I always get this error message : "Unknown channel 'bionic-partner''. Unfortunately after this error message, Nothing else happens!. I don't know the mess i have put my self into. I need your help!!. I have been working on this for the past 2 weeks. I have followed this two (2) guides from Adobe and Chibyke  and yet i still face same issues.

Someone help me!!!.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you move to the latest version of ubuntu as they have fixed the bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The error indicates you do not have the appropriate partner repository added to your system.

Are you attempting to install Flash Player from Adobe's Flash Player download page, or using Ubuntu's package management software (or apt directly from the command-line)?  If the latter, you shouldn't get that error if the repository is configured correctly.

You don't mention which browser you're using.  If it's Chrome, there is no need to install Flash Player separately, as Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome.  However, all major browser vendor's block Flash by default, forcing users to enable it, usually on a per site basis, and in Chrome's case, Google delete's the user's 'allow' list when the user exits out of Chrome.  See Google's documentation Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help for instructions to allow Flash in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines