Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trouble uninstalling true key intel security

Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded adobe flash player and i have checked to install Mcfee security and true key intel security (it was a mistake)

I've already uninstalled mcfee security via the control panel but i cannot find true key intel security in control panal->programs

I've already lokked in c:\Program Files\intel but i cannot find a directory true key also not in c:\Program Files (x86)\intel

I have lokked in tools of ccleaner and there is no installed program or app true key intel security

there are other intel programs for example intel security assistant but the installation date is 2016.

When i have installed adobe flash player it did not ask me to fill in a master password for the true key intel security password manager

when i look in the tastmanager there is a background proces "intel security true key"

how can i remove the application "intel security true key"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the directory:

c:\Program Files\TrueKey

There is no uninstaller file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the directory there is the file:

McfeeTrueKeyInstallerService

in services i find the service

service installer TrueKey

can i perform in cmd:

sc delete "service installer TrueKey"

to remove true key?

i have windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have executed

sc delete InstallerService

and now the service installer TrueKey is disabled

I have now Truekey will not function

In the seach of windows 10 there is nothing to find for the word "true" so i think the program is not really installed@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TrueKey doesn't install right-away, it can take several minutes.  Once installed it'll display in Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features.  You can then uninstall it via Control Panel, as per https://help.truekey.com/hc/en-us/articles/212870718-How-do-I-uninstall-the-True-Key-app-from-my-Win...

I'm not familiar with the TrueKey Installer Service, but since there's a delay in the installation of the software it seems the Service is what triggers the installation.  If you delete the Service, the installation wouldn't happen, but the files are still on the system, so you would also need to remove the files as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've looked for the files but i didn't find them.

i've searched for "truekey" on root c: only the directory in program files but it's empty

i've searched for "intel" on root c: a lot but nothing useful

i've searched for "security" on root c: a lot but nothing useful

i've looked in download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my test Windows 10 64-bit system, the initial (pre-install) files are saved at C:\ProgramFiles\TrueKey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your research.

but that directory did contain only a service file and a config file on my pc.

when i deleted the installerservice was the TrueKey directory empty.

so this means i have no pre-install files or they are somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does sound like you deleted the files before the installer actually ran. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received the error:  The group policy client user profile has been denied access.  True key had already been uninstalled.  Uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc and used Super anti spyware which removed almost all adware.  However the only thing that remains is at the windows prompt the master password prompt.  Can't access at all.  The last trace of true key must be located in boot sector which is unseen.  I have intell but cannot find any seeable files.  Does anyone know how I could look at hidden files inside intell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines