• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trusted Installer?

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove Flash, but in deleting files I'm told I don't have Trusted Installer permission, whatever that is.  What do I do?

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

In Windows 8 and Windows 10, some Flash files are part of the system. You CANNOT delete system files, this is to protect your system against accidents and viruses. In due course, Microsoft will send out a patch to delete them, but you can run it now if you want. WARNING - this cannot be reversed, once done they are gone forever. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a computer user profile with full administrative level permissions?  I ask because your operating system will prompt you for permission to make changes to your system, remove files, etc...  That's normal and expected security.

If you're not this computer's administrator, contact the owner or IT dept at your work or school for assistance.

I typically use my Windows Control Panel to remove programs. And I consult my browser's documentation about removing plugins and add-ons.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too. I am the builder and owner of this PC, I have full permissions. I have ran the uninstaller, rebooted, tried to delete the files (which if I am uninstalling why should I have to delete the files??) and am getting the same message as the OP.

Flash is not listed in the Uninstall list in Control Panel, and while I do see it in the weird new thing that Windows 10 is doing now, there is not a choice to uninstall or delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my personal computer, and I am the admistrator, so I get past the administrator permissions.  I haven't the "Trusted Installer" thing before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Trusted Installer is a complete lock for everyone, including the administrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 8 and Windows 10, some Flash files are part of the system. You CANNOT delete system files, this is to protect your system against accidents and viruses. In due course, Microsoft will send out a patch to delete them, but you can run it now if you want. WARNING - this cannot be reversed, once done they are gone forever. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines