• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trying to access a website that requires adobe

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i am trying to access a website for my work schedule, when i try to access it, it simply doesnt open and at the top says this application requires adobe flash player. yet when i go to the adobe website to troubleshoot it says my adobe is working. any help?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All browsers, including Microsoft Edge, block/disable Flash by default.  They rely on the content's Flash detection scripts to determine if the content requires Flash or not.  If it does, it prompts the user to unblock/allow Flash. https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-edge.html may be of assistance.  If not, please contact the content developer for assistance, or try a different browser.

Note that Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Edge & IE browsers, and all updates are released by Microsoft via Windows updates.  There isn't a separate installer for these browsers.

If you want to try a different browser, without having to install Flash Player, Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome.  If you try Chrome and encounter issues, Google's tech note https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784, has information on enabling/allowing Flash in Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have having the same problem, I have confirmed in my browsers that I am allowing flash and I have confirmed on the Adobe site that my player is working. However every time I enter an Employer training course it asks me to un-block flash player and when I do it collapses the window and I'm back to the initial website. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
However every time I enter an Employer training course it asks me to un-block flash player and when I do it collapses the window and I'm back to the initial website. 

It sounds like the issue you are encountering is with the content itself, not Flash Player.  Flash Player actually isn't at play here.  The Flash detection is between the browser and the content.  If the browser detects the content requires Flash, it'll prompt the user to allow it.  Sounds like this is happening, but I don't know what you mean by 'it collapses the window and I'm back to the initial website' (screenshots are always helpful).  Sometimes, training content launches a pop-up window, or new a tab.  Is your browser configured to block pop-ups?  No idea if this is what's happening here, but sometimes, if the browser is configured to block pop-ups, it may appear to the end user as if nothing is happening.

I recommend contacting the content developer (or your employer) for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines