• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to complete updated version of Flash Player

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Wix.com free website trial and I had to down load Adobe, which I did.  I'm not geting the next prompt to click on RUN.  Also did a walk throuh with Wix several times and they refered me to Adobe.

Can anyone help?

Thanks    

Updated to: Version 32.0.0.321 System requirements

My system:

Windows 64-bit , English , Chrome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Sounds like the issue you're encountering is a Wix issue, not Flash Player.  It's installed and working on some sites.  If you're not being prompted to allow Flash on Wix.com, it's a Wix.com issue, not Flash Player issue.  They need to ensure their Flash detection scripts conform to the browser requirements so that the browser detects the content requires Flash and prompts you to allow Flash.

None of these issues are Flash Player related.  As we reach Flash Player's end-of-life (December 2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not geting the next prompt to click on RUN.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to the browser prompt to RUN a downloaded file?  If so, that's a browser functionality, not Flash Player functionality.

With that said, Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome, so there is no need to install it separately.  Google does block/disable Flash Player by default.  When the browser detects the content requires Flash, the browser prompts the user to allow/enable Flash.  When the browser session terminates, the selection is deleted.

If you're not being prompted to allow/enable Flash on a site that requires Flash, it's a content issue in that the browser can't determine the content requires Flash. In this case, you'll need to contact the content provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System is unblocked and when the new version is installed, I don’t get these prompts. I get the free advertisement ad.

Thanks

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What prompt and free ads are you referring to?  You need to provide detailed specific information as to what exactly you are experiencing.  Screenshots are always helpful.

The PPAPI Flash Player version embedded in Chrome is the same PPAPI Flash Player version available for download at get.adobe.com/flashplayer (https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 3:23 PM
To: Adobe Support Community Mailer
Subject: RE: [Flash Player] Trying to complete updated version ofFlashPlayer

Hello Maria,

I forwarded these attachments yesterday, please advise if you do not receive them.

Thanks
Mike

Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 6:19 PM
To: shinywheels@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Flash Player] Trying to complete updated version of FlashPlayer

Adobe Support Community

Hi 7711,

maria__1 just posted in a community you follow.

Jan 24, 2020 11:34 AM in Flash Player
Re: Trying to complete updated version of Flash Player

What prompt and free ads are you referring to?  You need to provide detailed specific information as to what exactly you are experiencing.  Screenshots are always helpful.

The PPAPI Flash Player version embedded in Chrome is the same PPAPI Flash Player version available for download at get.adobe.com/flashplayer (https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/)

Reply to this message

Note: Replies posted via email are plain-text only. Login to the community to reply with text and images

Adobe Support Community

You may manage your notification settings or unsubscribe from all Adobe Support Community e-mails.
Adobe is located at 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110 USA.

Privacy policy | Contact Us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe.jpg4.png3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a few different issues with the file in the screenshots provided:

• screenshots 1, 2, & 3 don't have the actual file name (e.g. flashpalyer32pp_xa_install.exe), intead it's replaced with <filename.exe>.  This is suspicious, unless you manually changed the file name, but even then, it wouldn't have brackets around it.
  • screenshots 2 & 4 have the flash icon in a bright red color.  The icon color was changed to maroon several, several years ago.  The installer you are attempting to use seems to be quite old.  Here's a screenshot of the User Access Control window from the PPAPI installer just downloaded from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer:
    Capture.PNG
  • Screenshot 3 (Open File - Security Warning) is a system dialog.  This installer is very, very old with an expired digital certificate.  Your security settings may be configured to prevent running installers with expired certificates

If you have PPAPI plugin version 32.0.0.321 installed you have the most recent version available for Chrome installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get when I check for update: Adobe Flash Player - Version: 32.0.0.321
Status - Component not updated
Check for update

Not sure what to do next, everything I try gets me back to the same place. Is there any possible way I could get phone help so you can walk me through it?

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Google Component Updater feature you are using is a Chrome browser feature.  Adobe has nothing to do with it.  You'd need to contact Google for assistance with the Component Updater.

With that said, 32.0.0.321 IS the current version of Flash Player, which Google has already updated.  There is nothing to update at this time.  Google is very good at updating Flash in a timely manner and I'd be surprised if they hadn't updated the embedded version to the most recent version yet.

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/ is updated with each new release.  You can check this page for the current release of all Flash Player plugins for the various supported platforms and browsers.  The normal release schedule is the 2nd Tuesday of the month.  Occassionally, there is an off-schedule release, but this has been rare in recent times.

If Chrome not prompting you to allow Flash when you're attempitng to view Flash content, see https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784 for assistance.   At minimum, make sure you have Flash Player set to 'Ask' you can also whitelist individual sites, or at http://* and https://* to whitelist every site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support  help link you provided does not go through, do you have another one?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IThat's Google's Enable Flash in Chrome help document and should work

Capture.PNG

Can you try the link on https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html?  The 'Enable Flash Player for Chrome' link on this page is for the same Google help doc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is ok, still can’t get past the same problem. Flash test is ok and everything seems to be good.  I think I’ll get back to Wix again and see if they could do anything else.   I may get back to you again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like the issue you're encountering is a Wix issue, not Flash Player.  It's installed and working on some sites.  If you're not being prompted to allow Flash on Wix.com, it's a Wix.com issue, not Flash Player issue.  They need to ensure their Flash detection scripts conform to the browser requirements so that the browser detects the content requires Flash and prompts you to allow Flash.

None of these issues are Flash Player related.  As we reach Flash Player's end-of-life (December 2020) browser vendors have made it increasingly difficult for end-users to allow Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines