• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to uninstall Flash Player from iMac 10.13.6 OS.

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting message that says uninstaller does not work on my computer.  Has anyone else had this same problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

See the troubleshooting guide for uninstalling on Mac.  If that doesn't help, post the forensic information described in the guide and we'll try to get you going.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the troubleshooting guide for uninstalling on Mac.  If that doesn't help, post the forensic information described in the guide and we'll try to get you going.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have this issue too, I'm not sure what you mean by "troubleshooting guide".  I've followed that page you linked step-by-step and received the same Error; and ended up here searching for an answer!

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.41.26 AM.png

I've thought about Re-installing then Uninstalling, but I dunno where I could get a 'safe' installer.

Thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That uninstaller seems to be from 2007. It won't belong to any recent Flash Player and nothing that old will run on any recent Mac system.  Since that old Flash Player can't run, it isn't a threat. But you surely have a more recent one somewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible you're using the wrong file for your operating system.  There are 2 uninstaller files posted at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html.  One is for mac OS 10.6 and newer.  The other is for OSX 10.4 & 10.5.  I have macOS 10.14.  The uninstaller for macOS 10.6 and newer works just fine.  The other one returns the same error your getting.  Please ensure you have downloaded the correct file for your OS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, Thanks for the replies! I managed a solution yesterday using a 3rd party software that finds all files related and removed them entirely.

I'm not aware of the method everyone identifies OSX Version other than the whole squence, but that's only me, and only me, so I'm unsure, BUT here's where the confusion I believe will continue to occur. OSX 10.13.6 makes me believe it's the 10.1 Uninstaller that I need.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 9.07.41 PM.png
Following that Logic; and clicking the OS X 10.1 to 10.3 -

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 9.08.06 PM.png

 
Naturally I downloaded that. Above mentioned; the software is from 2007 and that brought me back on track as to why it wasn't working, I didn't notice that at first.

Perhaps it's not that obvious for most conventional users. I certainly learned a whole lot more about this because of this Lol

Thanks for the replies everyone!

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see the reason for your confusion, because some software is numbered that way. But Mac OS was numbered 10.0, 10.1 (released 20 years ago), 10.2... 10.9, 10.10... 10.15. After 10.15 we have a system which is either 11.0 or 10.16, according to how you ask!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines