Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TV Provider Authorization Stored Credentials

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know where the TV providers credentials are stored when you activate a TV app using chrome or explorer. I find it quite fustrating that I have activated some tv apps on my Roku and Apple tv and when I initially activated them from my pc, at the prompt to enter my tv providers crendentials I had put a check on save login and now at anytime when I activate an app it doesn't prompt for the credentials it just ask to chose my provider then it goes straight to authenticating. How can I remove those credentials so I can enter it in manually? I have cleared cookies and cache and still does the same. I looked in the password section in chrome settings and I don't see any passwords saved. Just prior to authenticating all I see is... http://sp.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/...... then activation successful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

It's SUPER rare to encounter anything using Flash video at this point.  It's almost certainly HTML5 video.

In general, once you're authorized against your TV provider's login credentials, there's a certificate that gets issued to your machine that allows you to decode the DRM content.  It's not a cookie or a Flash Player LSO (which generally gets cleared when you clear your browser cache). 

In the unlikely event that what you're using is actually a Flash video, you can clear DRM licenses for Fla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's SUPER rare to encounter anything using Flash video at this point.  It's almost certainly HTML5 video.

In general, once you're authorized against your TV provider's login credentials, there's a certificate that gets issued to your machine that allows you to decode the DRM content.  It's not a cookie or a Flash Player LSO (which generally gets cleared when you clear your browser cache). 

In the unlikely event that what you're using is actually a Flash video, you can clear DRM licenses for Flash by going to Control Panel - Classic View (or Settings on Mac) > Flash Player > Advanced > Protected Content > Deauthorize This Computer.

For your browser, there's a similar browser-specific mechanism in the browser preferences.  Here's the help page for Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/4410268?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines