Two instances of Shockwave Flash

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Firefox, the Plugins view shows that I have 2 versions of Shockwave Flash installed , version 27.0 (which is vulnerable) and version 32.0

How can I get rid of version 27.0 ?

When I tell 27.0 to never activate, this becomes overwritten by what is in 32.0 as it looks.

Also I am unsure which version would be loaded when Shockwave Flash is needed

Best regards and thanks !

TOPICS
Download install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Run the standalone uninstaller (saved at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows​)  This should remove all versions installed on the system saved at the expected location (32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash; 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash).

Make sure all browser instances are closed before running the uninstaller

Restart the machine after running the uninstaller

If the standalone uninstaller doesn't remove all non-embedded instances of Flash Player, do the following:

1. launch Firefox and navigate to about:plugins
  2. locate the Shockwave Flash entry
  3. Copy and paste File, Path, Version, and State information
  4. If there is more than one Shockwave Flash entry, repeat step 3 for each instance

Running the standalone uninstaller will remove all non-embedded versions of Flash Player (e.g. if Windows 10, it will not remove Flash Player ActiveX embedded in IE/Edge).  It'll only uninstall the Flash Player versions you installed.

<edit: fixed typo & made a clarification when using the uninstaller>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines