Ubuntu Firefox Flash Player Install

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 64 bit linux system (ubuntu)that will not run the flash player that I have installed. I moved it from my downloads folder into documents and extracted it hoping that it would work that way. I still see no activity when I attempt to play course material from udemy.com.  Anyone have any ideas? Possibly I have 32 but don't know it ? Feel quite positive that its 64 though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using?

what is the name of the Flash Player file you downloaded?

Flash Player is a browser plugin and needs to be installed to a location that the browser expects it to be at.  Documents directory is not an expected location.

On Ubuntu the best method of installing Flash Player using the Software Updater or apt-get.  If you're using a supported browser go to https:/get.adobe.com/flashplayer and select the 'APT for Debian/Ubuntu' option then follow the prompts to install

If using apt-get from the terminal, use the following commands to install Flash Player:  sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin

This will install both the NPAPI plugin for Firefox and the PPAPI plugin for Chromium-based browsers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The browser is mozilla firefox

I am using the latest version of flash

What is the whole command and file location I should use? Is it not sudo install apt-get website/fileNameOfDownlad?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the latest version of Flash Player is 26.0.0.131.  If you have that, then you already have the latest version installed.

If you want to run apt-get from terminal, the command is: sudo apt-get adobe-flashplugin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines