• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download Flash Player .MSI file from Adobe portals

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We received an advisory from internal Cyber Threat Assessment team about a new release of Adobe Flash Player for v32.0.0.387 which addresses vulnerabilities in prior versions. I tried downloading the source media (MSI file) by following the same procedure as usual i.e. Go to https://www.adobe.com/in/products/players/flash-player-distribution.html and click on ‘Apply to distribute Flash Player’ followed by filling in form as shown in attachments.

Ideally, an email is sent by Adobe with a link to download latest version however, I have not received it so far.

Could someone please assist on share instructions on how the MSI can be downloaded or has Adobe stopped providing MSI downloads?

Immediate assistance would be highly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Hi All,

I reapplied for distribution license and this time I did receive the download link email from Adobe.

Many thanks for advising and sharing valuable information.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only apply at the end of your distribution agreement, not every time you upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not stopped distributing the MSI installers

https://www.adobe.com/in/products/players/flash-player-distribution.html is the link to apply for a distribution license it is not the link to go to to download the MSI installes.  And as OP mentioned, applying for a distribution license is only required when the 1 year license term has expired.  It's not requested every time there's a new version (monthly).

Do you already have a distribution license?  If so, the link to go to to download the MSI installers is included in the distribution license approval email you received.  Please refer to that email for the download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys.

When I visited the download link that comes within distribution license approval email, it says "Your license for Adobe Flash Player distribution expired on 2019-09-11. And so I reapplied but have not received any email on it this time. Nothing in junk/spam also.

Therefore, I have posted here for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... not sure why you've ignored at least 9 months of vital security updates, but you are right, you do need to get a new distribution license. Maybe worth reapplying, you never know it might work this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not ignored. I could download Flash Player February 11, 2020 release and so my customer environment is on 32.0.0.330 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please private message me the email address/Adobe ID used to request the distribution license and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.  For reference, include a link to this discussion topic in your private message.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Maria. Could you guide me on how to send the information to you privately please?
Or let me know your Adobe email id and I can share all the details there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I reapplied for distribution license and this time I did receive the download link email from Adobe.

Many thanks for advising and sharing valuable information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update.  Glad the issue is resolved and you're able to download the needed MSI installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines