• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download flash

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am running IE on a windows 7 platform and recently made the horrendous mistake of clikcing to download the new flash. Unfortunately after downloading the installer doesn't automatically run. Adobe helpfully suggests clicking save and open instead, which I have. This then prompts me to choose a program to open it with. The same thing happens if I try to download the installer separately. I cannot get to the point where flash starts to install. To make matters worse whilst trying to fix it I deleted the previous version (a website said it might be the issue- it wasn't) and now I can't even get back to that. Has anyone came across this before and knows what to do? Also please don't pitch any responses to a computer software engineer level, I'm not very good with computers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This then prompts me to choose a program to open it with. The same thing happens if I try to download the installer separately.

This sounds like IE is not downloading the file correctly. There have been instances where IE downloads the file as _exe, instead of .exe (e.g. filename_exe, instead of filename.exe).  Please check that IE has correctly downloaded the file.  If it saved it as _exe, change it to .exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines