• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Download the files from the distribution licensing page

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are unable to download the adobe flash player Offline MSI through the below links.

[moderator: deleted links to licensed MSI installers; per license agreement, links cannot be shared, including on these forums]

we were using this folder till last month end for downloading the patches. Is there any changes on the link please let us know the new Link to download.

<moderator: edited title to include EXE files>

<moderator: edited title again as this impacts all files on the distribution page, not just Windows>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 128 Replies 128
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FF MSI still not working here in the US.  Possibly only working in certain regions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just successfully downloaded ActiveX MSI, FF MSI still not working.

Something is apparently improving, slowly and unevenly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't get Active X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issuing also problems on downloading the most current Firefox and Netscape Plug-In compatible applications – NPAPI Version only on the msi package that leads to a reload of the page.

I'm located in GERMANY. Please provide a valid dl-link or fix that issue for that firefox compatible Plugin msi file.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for reporting.  Based on the locations being reported I connected to our Hamburg & Dublin VPNs and I'm not able to reproduce, however, I have escalated the issue.  I will PM all of you the requested files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still unable to download Windows Firefox and Netscape Plug-In compatible applications – NPAPI msi here in the US.  Have been trying all morning, page just refreshes.  Cleared cache, tried IE and Chrome, etc.  Same results every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is actively working to resolve the issue.  A fix was implemented a few days ago, which worked yesterday, but appears to no longer work for some folks.  I'll PM you a link to download the files from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm located in the US and was able to get the FF version about minutes ago. All MSI links are dead now.

Anyone want to trade Active X for a NPAPI MSI? haha...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point having Adobe waive the "no public sharing" requirement would allow us to resolve the security issue among ourselves while they continue working to fix the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the U.S.

Trying to download the msi files for Flash Player version 31.0.0.108

Firefox and Netscape Plug-In compatible applications – NPAPI - Reloads page

Opera and Chromium based applications – PPAPI - Reloads page

I was able to download the Internet Explorer-Active X version - Now as of a few minutes ago it no longer works, page reloads!

Have tried with latest versions of Chrome and IE 11 on Windows 7.

So in my case I have the Active-X version of Flash, but am unable to download the Chrome and Firefox versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are unable to download:

EXE and MSI for IE-Active X

EXE and MSI for Firefox and netscape - NPAPI

EXE and MSI for Opera & Chrome - PPAPI

We cannot download any EXE or MSI, we are in the US and licensed properly.

The Mac and Linux downloads will download for us, although we don't need these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also unable to download

EXE and MSI for IE-Active X

EXE and MSI for Firefox and netscape - NPAPI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am unable to download the msi...... loops back the same page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download the Chrome MSI this morning. Have not been able to download IE or Firefox MSI and the link for the Chrome MSI doesn't work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also US, also not working here.  I can download the linux RPMs and GZIP archives, I can download the Mac DMG files but every single EXE or MSI download link just redirects me to the /distribution5.html page.

Are there any working download links for this software anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to download MSI IE-Active X (Page flashes and reloads https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution5.html

Have tried using Windows 7 IE, Chrome and Windows 10 Edge, Chrome and IE.

Also tried going directly to https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/distyfp/current/win/install_flash_player_31_active...

with no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  I was able to get NPAPI and PPAPI MSI but not ActiveX.  Was able to get ActiveX EXE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding to the pile. I can't download MSI for ActiveX or PPAPI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly annoying! In any other scenario on any other website, a web team would successfully provide a link for downloading a file. It speaks much to Adobe's completely pointless "distribution license required but it's free anyway" mantra for downloading the same MSI files we've always downloaded for distribution.

This half-witted brainless concept was obviously drummed up by some bean counter in finance who googled the term "algorithm" while on the toilet in between their Tinder swipes, and thought that adding additional steps for a free product would somehow equate to additional revenue from enterprise licensing. That bean counter is probably at home right now enjoying their afternoon with an early dinner from Olive Garden, watching some obscure Netflix documentary about Persian rat milkers.

Snark aside, I am SUPER appreciative of maria__'s attempts to get updates and escalate the issue and doing what they can with what they have. This is not the fault of any staff responding to this thread but fault absolutely lies with the web team and their manager. They haven't been able to correctly manage the priority of their tasks for the last 4 weeks (since this problem goes back to Flash Player 30, according to the original post) and are willing to compromise the security of thousands of companies for god knows whatever else their manager deemed more important. If we are lucky, we won't see some awful malware exploit show up that compromises everything below Flash Player 31, because most of us have no way of protecting our end users right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing the page reload issue when trying to DL the ActiveX exe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

US (Alaska) same issue with both Active-X and Plug-in MSIs.

"obscure Netflix documentary about Persian rat milkers" actually sounds interesting. Would watch while waiting for links to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, well I didn't say the bean counter had bad taste, just bad ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same issues as everyone else. Tried the clear cache/cookies thing, but, no dice. Attempted using IE/FF/Chrome on Win7 and 10 from multiple networks with all the same reults. Can download only the non-Windows versions. Even tried downloading from FF running under Ubuntu. Also tried downloading from the MSI URL using wget and saw this in the output:

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily

--13:08:16--  {REDACTED}

=> `distribution5.html'

That might be normal since the command line doesn't allow me to sign in, but, the results are the same: no downloads.

UPDATE: I've been able to get all 3 MSIs downloaded using 3 different networks. However, once I used one machine to download any of the MSIs, the machine would only DL that specific MSI, regardless of browser, never the others. It would just reload the page. Almost all of the machines I used today were the first time they had ever visited the Adobe website. One was even just reimaged yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines