• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Install Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: I am trying to install the or an updated version of 'Adobe Flash Player' but each time the installation tries to begin, after the completed download, the message reads "connection error". I am using Google Chrome and have removed or uninstalled any other previously installed versions of the program but still receive this error message.

Can anyone offer a solution to my problem?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your computer spec and operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane: Not sure what you mean by computer spec but I am using Windows 7 and Google Chrome.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oaky7

I meant “specs”, sorry!

See if this thread answers your question:

Fix Flash player not working in chrome issue

Discussion moved from Forum comments to Installing Flash Player for better support.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jane and thanks for your help with Adobe Flash Player.

Everything seems to be in order upon following the steps in "fix flash player not working in chrome issue article.

I tried a couple more times to install and download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player and in doing so, the message indicates "installation with begin shortly" after clicking "run".

It then asks to update Flash Player Preferences and I select "allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" and click "Next".

The message then reads "installation will begin shortly" and then after a couple of seconds, reads "Adobe Flash Player: installing" and then a few seconds later reads "Adobe Flash Player: connection error", followed by "Adobe Flash Player: Cancelled" and "Finish" in the bottom right hand corner.

Still unsure why I am unable to install Adobe Flash Player. I do have a VPN installed and use Adblocker and am wondering if they or either might be the prohibiting me from successfully installing Adobe Flash Player?

Regards,

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're VPN may be interfering with the download.  The online installer is a shim installer that downloads and installs Flash silently in the background, while the online installer should work with the VPN, sometimes it doesn't.

With that said, if you're using Google Chrome browser there is no need to install Flash Player PPAPI plugin for Chrome as Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome, however it's disabled/blocked by default.  See Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help for information on allowing Flash in Chrome.

If you're installing Flash for a different browser, try disabling the VPN and attempting the re-install if it still fails, provide the following log Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs  (AppData is a hidden directory, if you don't see it, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files  to enable viewing hidden directories).

Upload both files to cloud.acrobat.com/send (see instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud​) or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria and thanks so much for your help and information.

Regards,

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Maria: You were correct in that when I disabled my VPN, the Adobe Flash Player installed successfully on my computer.

However now that it's installed, can I re-enable my VPN again?

Thanks.

Regards,

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should be able to use your vpn again.

What VPN service do you use?  You're the second report I've seen that the VPN blocked the installation and I'd like to investigate further and provide the information to the team responsible for the online installer.

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use NordVPN.

Thanks,

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I'll forward the info to the appropriate team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines