• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to play POGO games

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been playing POGO games for decades and now I am unable to download games I always played.  The message says I need to update Adobe Flashplayer.  I work with an iMac computer and the Adobe version is 11.3  I have run every trouble shooting program known to man and am unable to download a later version of Adobe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  Very helpful.

The Flash Player icon indicates this is a very, very old version of Flash Player. You'll want to completely it from the system and install the most recent version (32.0.0.156)

1. Download the uninstaller posted at uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg
  2. Close all browsers and apps that may use Flash Player
  3. Double-click the uninstaller to launch it
  4. Follow on-screen prompts to uninstall Flash Player
  5. Delete the following directories:
    • <home directory>/Library/Prefer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11.3 is very, very old.

Flash Player is available for download at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

I have run every trouble shooting program known to man and am unable to download a later version of Adobe

Please provide more detailed information on the problems you encounter when attempting to download Flash Player so that we may provide better assistance.

Also provide the Mac version and browser (including version) that you are using.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac is 12.03 and browser is Safari (came installed in computer).  it appears to be successful when I download but then I discover it is still the version 11.3  PS  I am not a computer techie but I have followed all trouble shooting instructions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the link I was given above and that seems to install but then I find it isn't the update..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari version says: 12.1  (13607.1.40.1.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no mac version 12.03.  Safari 12.1 is supported on macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, so it'll be one of those versions

What file are you getting instead of the update.  Please be more specific so that we can assist you.

Please go to System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates tab

post a screenshot of the Updates tab

Also, provide the exact link to the pogo game that is not working (assuming it doesn't require account log on to access).  Note, though, that oftentimes, issues with Flash on Pogo turn out to be issues with the game. If you haven't contacted the content developer yet, I recommend doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.    Mac OS High Sierra  version 10.13.6  Yes, I have chatted with EA/POGO 5 times and have done all the trouble shooting they have suggested...  When I went to system preferences, flash player, updates  tab,  the message was they could not display updates tab page.  When I went to the updates tase, it displayed Preferences Error.  Could not display update page.  I attempted to take a screen shot......  Can someone just tell me how to download a more recent version of Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 1.33.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  Very helpful.

The Flash Player icon indicates this is a very, very old version of Flash Player. You'll want to completely it from the system and install the most recent version (32.0.0.156)

1. Download the uninstaller posted at uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg
  2. Close all browsers and apps that may use Flash Player
  3. Double-click the uninstaller to launch it
  4. Follow on-screen prompts to uninstall Flash Player
  5. Delete the following directories:
    • <home directory>/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash\ Player
    • <home directory>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Flash\ Player
  6. Restart the computer
  7. Flash Player should be completely removed from the system.  To confirm:
    1. Go back to System Preferences - the Flash Player Settings Manager should be removed
    2. Launch Finder and navigate to /Library/Internet Plug-ins - Flash Player plugin should be removed
  8. If neither of these 2 are removed, Flash Player didn't uninstall correctly - post back here

When I went to the updates tase, it displayed Preferences Error.  Could not display update page.  I attempted to take a screen shot......

I'm not sure if you're referring to not being able to access https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer, or the System Preferences > Flash Player with this comment.

When you go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer, do you see the following?
Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 10.28.36 AM.jpg

This is the main Flash Player download page. We've not received any reports of issues with this page.  If you're unable to access this page, it's most likely an issue with your system/network.

The installer is also posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page, in the 'Still having problems' section.  This is the same installer posted on https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines