Unable to remove all signs of Flash 19.0.0.226

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When conducting the installation of pre-reqs for a vendor, they had me install Flash v19 onto our Win 2012 R2 server.  Came to find out that patching the Flash was impossible given the method of installation.  I then uninstalled the v19 from the Program and Features, indicated signs that the uninstall was incomplete.  Needing to get the server working I then properly enabled Desktop Experience and had Windows patch for Adobe Flash v27 installed.  However our vulnerability scanner is still detecting that Adobe Flash 19 is on the server.

Current state:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/

Indicates that Adobe Flash 27 is installed.

Ran the Adobe Uninstaller, it indicated that Adobe was successfully uninstalled. (Adobe Flash 27 is clearly still installed and operational)

Unable to delete ALL files within the following folders.  All the files that have version information indicate that they are for Adobe Flash 27

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Both of the above folders did have a file called Flash32_19_0_0_226.ocx

I'm not able to delete this file, it states that I must obtain permission from the file's owner.  I changed that owner to the admin account I'm using, still unable to delete.

Tried a force delete

Unregistered the OCX file.

Able to rename the file.

Able to Cut & Paste the file to any folder (except the recycle bin)

Still unable to delete this file.  I'm not even sure it is this file that our vulnerability scanning software is detecting to determine that Flash 19 is installed.  Since I moved and renamed the file, I'm guessing the scanning software couldn't still locate that file.

Wondering what else can be done to remove this installation so it is undetected to scanners.

TOPICS
Download install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017
Found the solution.1. Moved files into their own folder2. Launched elevated Cmd window3. rmdir on folder

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the solution.

1. Moved files into their own folder

2. Launched elevated Cmd window

3. rmdir on folder

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines