• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to stream Amazon video in Safari on MacOS 10.13.6

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after the mac os update yesterday v 10.13.6 my adobe flash will not work on amazon videos

"unsupported plug in" is the message

i have downloaded the newest adobe version

i have checked plug in in the safari plug in

i have restarted my  mac

still get the "unsupported plug" in error

videos play in u tube or fb

any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to stream Amazon Prime videos on Safari 11.2 with MacOS 10.13.6 with no problem.  In fact, Flash Player isn't used.

Are you sure it's actually a message about Flash?  A screenshot would be informative.

How to create a screenshot in the Adobe forums:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

My guess is that maybe you have a video capture plugin or something installed?  You can look in the left column under Safari > Preferences > Websites to see what plugins are installed and active on the page.  Flash Player is generally disabled by default in Safari these days...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i thought flash was my default browser in safari...  my flash version is 31.0.0.108

i did go to safari>preferences>and flash plug in is checked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash isn't a browser. Safari and Chrome are browsers.  Flash is an ADD-ON to browsers (or Plug-in), which at one time was used to show videos a lot, but is now hardly used for that purpose any more.

If you want to troubleshoot Safari, please collect screen shots, but I imagine we'll find that it isn't trying to use Flash (unless Amazon have really messed up).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this page, Amazon.com Help: System Requirements for Streaming on Your Computer , Amazon Video doesn't use Flash Player.  It uses either HTML5 video or Microsoft Silverlight

YouTube also doesn't use Flash Player.  It uses the HTML5 video

Facebook may, or may not use Flash Player, depends on the video.

To check if a video is Flash content, right-click on the video.  If the Flash Player context menu displays, it's Flash.  Otherwise, it's not Flash.

According to What’s New in Safari - Apple Developer , Safari 12 (released yesterday) no longer supports any NPAPI plugin other than Flash Player:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazon tech was able to help me.  I had to download google chrome and access amazon prime that way.  Now it streams like it should.  but adobe will not work if i use safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had no issue streaming Amazon Prime with Safari.

Again, according to their own documentation, they do not use Flash Player.  There is some other issue with Amazon Prime and Safari.  You'll need to contact Amazon and/or Apple to assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines