• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo your End of Life

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to support Flash Player, that's fine.  But don't lock us out of it.

I have a prefectly good screen saver that I enjoyed.  The only reason it doesn't work now if because you won't allow it too.  [It requires Adobe Flash Player Active X to run.]  That's WRONG.  Disabling Flash Player on everyone's machine is EXACTLY the type of security breach you claim to be against, yet you are performing it yourselves.

I still use Microsoft Word 2003.  I still use my Nintendo Entertainment System.  I should be allowed to used any Flash Player based programs if I want to.  You are the only one's stopping it.  Your obstinant "the customer is always wrong" attitude is ruining things for many.

You created this problem.  It is your duty to find a solution.  Create a program that will allow people to use Flash programs without the security issues.  If you can't, license it to someone who will.  There are many people who consider Adobe the enemy of every computer user.  They'll risk using third-party software just to continue to play the games and use the screen savers they enjoy.

I enjoyed the screen saver I now can no longer use.  And I have no way to contact the one who created it to make a new version.

Congatulations: you've spread sadness in the name of security.

You didn't even ask us how we feel.  You just decided that you know what's best.  In this case, you were ABSOLUTELY WRONG!

Just undo the lock out and let those who want to use the program continue to used it.  I'm not trying to use it in a browser, just on my desktop for local files. 

Yes there's a possible security risk, but there's a risk every time you swipe your credit card at any store.  Should we lock everyone out of shopping?

How would you feel if General Motors locked you out of your car (and that can be done on newer high end models if they wanted to).  What if Verizon locked you out of your smart phone with all of your family photos on it with no way to retrieve them?

Adobe: you have the power to correct this.  You just have to decide to do it.

Note: I was trying to file a complaint to Adobe.

I want to continue to use files that require Flash Player.  I should not be prevented from doing so.  Or, create a conversion program of some kind: something that can convert .swf files or other file types to files that will work in a newer player.  The content is what I really want.

TOPICS
End of life , SWF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you ask  Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla why they killed Flash Player.  Maybe then you'll understand that this is much bigger than just one company and can never be reversed. 

The same thing happened with Java, Silverlight, QuickTime, Real Player, Shockwave and other browser plugins. The only difference is that Adobe gave everyone 3-1/2 years advanced notice that Flash Player would end on Dec 31st.  If the Flash content creators didn't care enough about their products to migrate them to other technologies, they're not worth having. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe website said that Adobe will disable Flash Player.  The "time bomb" wasn't set by Microsoft or anyone else.  Adobe created this lock out.  It can be reversed.  There is a petition on Change.org against EOL.  Listen to the people.

And the screen savers are worth saving.  And it shouldn't need to be recreated.  Besides, the one who created it has been out of contact.  The screen savers would work just fine if it wasn't for Adobe's lock out.
If Adobe doesn't care about the users of their products, than Adobe (the entire company) is not worth having.  Adobe should sell all of it's assets to someone who cares and go out of business.

Again, my original NES still works.  Nintendo didn't come into my home to disable it.  There are third-party NES consoles being made and people buy then to keep the NES alive.

The same should be allowed to happen with Adobe Flash Player.  Again, if you don't want to provide support that's fine.  Just don't disable it.  Reinable it and let people use it.

I perceive Flash Player EOL as a cyber attack launched by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to install Adobe Flash Player (old version):

Download the last version of Adobe Flash Player without the killer switch that is the version 32.0.0.371

https://archive.org/download/flashplayerarchive/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_32.0.0.371_arc...

Install the files:

"flashplayer32_0r0_371_win.exe" (NPAPI) Mozilla Firefox

"flashplayer32_0r0_371_winax.exe" (ActiveX) IE

"flashplayer32_0r0_371_winpep.exe" (PPAPI) Google Chrome and Edge

To install the ActiveX version ("flashplayer32_0r0_371_winax.exe") needed in IE or in others Flash Based Programs like HP Solution Center you must run this installation in "Compatibility mode" as "Windows 7" selected.

After this its possible to run Flash Player in IE, Google Chrome [versions under 88.0.4324.96 (2021-01-19), because it was removed the support of Adobe Flash Player] and Mozilla Firefox.

If it’s not working on Google Chrome:

If are you using a Windows 64-bit:

Copy the file "pepflashplayer64_32_0_0_371.dll" located at the dir "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash"

Or if you are using a Windows 32-bit:  

Copy the file "pepflashplayer32_32_0_0_371.dll" located at the dir "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash"

Paste to this dir:

"C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\32.0.0.465"

* (Change YOUR_USER to your current user)

Close any window of Google Chrome.

Delete the current pepflashplayer.dll located at the dir "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\32.0.0.465"

Rename the pepflashplayer64_32_0_0_371.dll or pepflashplayer32_32_0_0_371.dll located at the dir "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\32.0.0.465" to pepflashplayer.dll

To make it work on Microsoft Edge:

If are you using a Windows 64-bit:

Copy the file "pepflashplayer64_32_0_0_371.dll" located at the dir "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash"

Or if you are using a Windows 32-bit:  

Copy the file "pepflashplayer32_32_0_0_371.dll" located at the dir "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash"

Paste to this dir: "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\PepperFlash\32.0.0.465"

* (Change YOUR_USER to your current user)

Close any window of Microsoft Edge.

Delete the current pepflashplayer.dll located at the dir "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\PepperFlash\32.0.0.465"

Rename the pepflashplayer64_32_0_0_371.dll or pepflashplayer32_32_0_0_371.dll located at the dir "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\PepperFlash\32.0.0.465" to pepflashplayer.dll

And this will make Flash Player work again on Microsoft Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thank you for the feedback.

I am wondering if Adobe stopping only Flash Player or including FlashForms and ActiveScript also . I am working for a company when we have applications developed by using Adobe Flash forms and ActiveScript. We are worried that we see some issues in Flashforms. please help on the end of life scope of Adobe tech stack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Building Flash forms help page has a note at the top about Flash Player's end-of-life.

Essentially, if the output is rendered in Flash then yes, it's affected, as the content will not display in the browser after all browser's remove support for Flash Player:

Pease refer to the Enterprise end-of-life FAQ for more information:

Enterprise Enablement may be an option until such time all browser’s remove support for Flash.  Technical details can be found in the Flash Player Admin Guide, pages 28-35):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines