• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Beta flash Player and install current to >2000 machines.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now that we figured out we had beta versions on all the machines, I would like to deploy a fix for all. I tried to deploy it through SCCM but the installation fails. This works fine with no beta versions. So the uninstall program reads like this: start / wait \\%%%%%\sources\software\adobe flash player\uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall -force      It was this:msiexec.exe /x {FEE1FB25-E120-4FF9-A5F0-8F382D662AAA} /q     The 1st one points to the standalone uninstaller from Adobe  to a distribution point. The other generated by the .msi file. Any ideas how to uninstall all beta versions and then install the correct version? I need all the help I can get.

Flash player install.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What uninstaller version are you using?  Did you download the beta uninstaller, from the beta downloads page, or the release uninstaller from Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

It was this:msiexec.exe /x {FEE1FB25-E120-4FF9-A5F0-8F382D662AAA} /q

I'm confused by this.  /x is the msiexec uninstall package command and this MSI GUID is for Flash Playe 29.0.0.140  NPAPI, which wouldn't be installed, since the system has the beta version installed

What is the /wait command for in the uninstall section?  Have you tried running just the uninstaller by itself, without attempting to also install version 29.0.0.140?

<edit>

For the benefit of other users, this is the continuation of Adobe Fash Player 29.0.0.155 beta uninstall to deploy 29.0.0.140

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for Adobe Flash Player 29.0.0.140. So ignore the screen shot. The problem is we know we have a beta version on the computers. We need to get it off so I can deploy the correct version. I just learned that there is a separate uninstaller for the beta version. It was suggested to deploy the uninstaller separately to those machines(1000+). Then I can deploy the current branch of Flash Player. The problem is deploying the beta uninstaller. It doesn't seem to work and I can't find anything in administration manual to help. I really appreciate the help since I am new at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is deploying the beta uninstaller. It doesn't seem to work

I'm assuming you're using the beta uninstaller posted at Download Adobe Flash Player 29 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs  (bottom of the page), yes?

Please provide the FlashInstall log file(s) from a system where the beta uninstaller is not working.

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log

Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send (see https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161​) or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require log-in to access.  Post the link link to the uploaded file in your reply.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know the problem is deploying the beta uninstaller that fails not the uninstaller itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you deploy the beta uninstaller or does it manually have to be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are numerous enterprise customers who uninstall Flash Player prior to deploying the new version, and there are no technological differences between the release and beta uninstaller.

I know you said to ignore the screenshot, but I see a space between the / and wait.  Should there be a space there?  Should it be:

start / wait \\path\uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall -force

or

start /wait \\path\uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall -force

Since the issue is in the deployment itself, and not in the actual uninstallation, it appears to be an SCCM issue.  I would recommend consulting MSDN documentation, Resources and Tools for IT Professionals | TechNet  or any other myriad of places for SCCM-specific help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I am currently using for 29.0.0.140 NPAPI. This works just fine. The problem is uninstalling the Beta 29.0.0.155 version beta flash player before the correct version is installed. I was told you can't install a current branch over a beta. This works for installing /uninstalling the current version 29.0.0.140.

adobe old.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The problem is uninstalling the Beta 29.0.0.155 version beta flash player before the correct version is installed. I was told you can't install a current branch over a beta

Correct, I said that in your previous thread - this has been the case for a very long time.

This works for installing /uninstalling the current version 29.0.0.140.

This (being the NPAPI MSI installer) will not uninstall any beta version.  It'll only install the NPAPI version and uninstall the version it installed - that's how using the MSI as an uninstaller works.

I feel we're going around in circles.  You've said the (beta) uninstaller fails deployment - not much more than that.  It is possible to deploy and EXE file (install/uninstall) via SCCM.  Based on your comments, the issue you are experiencing is with SCCM, not Flash Player itself.  As such, I recommend utilizing the MSDN and other SCCM resources available to troubleshoot the SCCM deployment issue you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines