• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Flash Player on Windows 8

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody tell me how to uninstall Flash Player from Internet Explorer on Windows 8?

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Go to start and search Control Panel click that and click on Programs''Uninstall a program''.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this will work, but you can download this unninstaller:

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

And run in Compatibility Mode (Windows 7 selected).

Or install this version of flash running in Compatibility Mode (Windows 7 selected):

https://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_ax.exe

and then run the unninstall also in Compatibility Mode (Windows 7 selected):

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Or you can remove manually the files and registry entries:

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did

Control Panel-Programs and Features-Adobe Flash player ...- Uninstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand why Adobe does not do like windows app and many other programs. When ended their lives, let using it at your own risk. I think it is a bad policy to force us to uninstall it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to start and search Control Panel click that and click on Programs''Uninstall a program''.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answear is right Fantasy00!

Thank you so much!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that Adobe's Flash Player uninstaller has never removed Flash Player that's embedded by the browser as the embedded version is managed by the browser vendor, not Adobe.

Microsoft has released an update, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player, to remove the IE/Edge embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control. Please read through this document carefully before doing anything.  This support page has a link to the Microsoft Update Catalog, which contains 43 different files for the different Windows versions and architecture.  Make sure you download the correct file for your Windows version and architecture.  If you experience issues with this update, please contact Microsoft as it’s their update, not Adobe’s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answear!

I disabled Shockwave Flash object in internet explorer, do you think that I should remove explorer from my pc

and in that way I will solve the problem with flash player without download any file from Microsoft?

Maybe it will be ok if I just uninstall explorer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Microsoft will eventually push an update that will remove the copy of Flash Player that they bundle with Windows 8 and higher for IE and Edge.  If you do nothing (and have Windows Updates set to automatic), this problem will take care of itself.  In the meantime, current copies of Flash Player stopped loading content from the open web on Jan 12th.  Unless it's expressly allowed via administrative config files, Flash Player isn't going to load it, which minimizes any risk in the interim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines