• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Macromedia Flash Player on MacBook

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the install of `Big Sur os on my MacBook Macromedia Flash Player is not supported anymore.

Some profiders present films witch are still referencing to flash player what results in an error.

After executing the Flash Player uninstall and deleting the mentioned files according the procedure (the first does not exist) the films are running but after a restart of the Mac Book the same error is back and repeating the procedure of uninsatalling solv es the problem but it is always comming back.

What is missing in the procedure?

Apple support (helped me three times with removing different possible references) could not find anymore possibilities.

Who can give me a proper procedure for solving this problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

I don't have enough context. 

I doubt that this will ultimately have much to do with Flash.  I'm guessing that there's a cookie or something that gets blown away on reboot.  It works on first try, you get the cookie as part of that which causes the logic on the provider's site to do something wrong, and you start getting updates on subsequent reboots.  I'd have to debug it (which means I'd need access to the provider, etc.) to really understand what's happening.

I think you could prove this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one should be supplying anything that requires flash player be installed on your computer. 

that said, here are the adobe flash player downloads, Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

it's not clear how long they'll be available so secure whatever you think you'll want in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to install Flash Player, I want it completely uninstalled and
not like now that after a uninstall and restart one or another reference
tries to start Flash player.
I conclude that the uninstall procedure is not compleet or wrong.

Nico Arends
[personal information removed for your protection]
[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]
[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the flash player never auto-started so if there's something on your computer trying to use flash player, it's not related to the flash player.

p.s. you may be able to use your activity monitor to see what's trying to use flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have enough context. 

I doubt that this will ultimately have much to do with Flash.  I'm guessing that there's a cookie or something that gets blown away on reboot.  It works on first try, you get the cookie as part of that which causes the logic on the provider's site to do something wrong, and you start getting updates on subsequent reboots.  I'd have to debug it (which means I'd need access to the provider, etc.) to really understand what's happening.

I think you could prove this by just rebooting.  If the first load works and then the subsequent ones start asking for Flash and you didn't play around with the uninstaller, it's clear that uninstalling isn't actually doing anything.

Here's a guide on getting a good answer:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

There's also detailed information about uninstalling and where things live in the admin guide: 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestions are all about intalling or installed Macromedia Flash player. On my Mac the flash player has no visible installation marks.

Desprite some HTML registered films try to start the Flash Player. Having an eror 100013 as result. Uninstalling the Flash Player with the Adobe procedure solves the problem but the problem comes back after a restart and even wihout a restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My previous comment was definitely not about installing Flash Player.  I stand by it and would really like to know the outcome of trying those things (assuming you want an useful answer). 

Also, can you give me a link that demonstrates the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines