Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unreadable Text on Manjaro Linux/Firefox 56.0.1

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moderator: added more detail to the title]

Since updating to 183 most text showing in flash is unreadable.  Here is what it looks like using vCenter but this happens on any flash site not just vmware.image001.png

I also tried to go back to an older version and the text stayed like this even tho it was not like this on the previous versions before 183 was out.   This is using Firefox 56.0.1 on Manjaro Linux.

Message was edited by: Jeromie Clark - Updated the subject to clarify that this issue was specific to neither VMWare vCenter or Flash Player 27.0.0.183

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has something to do with the availability of the expected system font.  It's just showing the standard Unicode replacement character for everything.

I very much doubt that this was injected by either Flash Player 27.0.0.170 or 27.0.0.183.  It seems much more likely that it's a system configuration issue.

This is not a Linux distro that we test on or support.

I found this recommendation on Stack Exchange that looks promising:

arch linux - Why do some characters show as squares in Chrome? - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had seen that and already have that font and even reinstall it.  I have tried changing system fonts and font settings in firefox also.

Is there any kind of flash log that may indicate what font is missing or give some pointers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  This isn't a Linux distro that we support.  I don't believe that you would encounter this on a supported distro like Ubunut or RedHat.  I'm not sure what the delta is between your distro and those that would cause this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello .

I am having this very same issue with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.9 (Santiago) + Firefox-52.2.0 + flash-plugin-29.0.0.171.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines