Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unresponsive Pen clicks in Google Chrome

Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I use a rather old Wacom Bamboo tablet as a mouse and recently, exclusively in google chrome anything that requires flash player is completely unresponsive to my pen clicks. This is very inconvenient for me as chrome is my primary browser and I can't try clearing the cache because it remembers all my info for me and despite un-checking the "forget passwords" box, it always does anyway. 

Maybe there was a part of an update that made my tablet obsolete? Does anyone have any idea how to remedy this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We investigated the issue and it was found that it was an injection of Chromium. It's working fine for other browsers. Link to chromium bug: 675410 - Graphics Tablet Input Device Problems - chromium - Monorail.

In case the issue is reproducible for you on other browsers you may check if you have required drivers for the Wacom installed. Until a fix is available, you might want to use a different browser as a workaround.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same issue of intermittent function of click with pen on wacom intuos pro medium.   all drivers and firmware were up to date.

i was always able to click and drag an image from a google image search page directly into photoshop.

lately, at first it would work then one second later it wouldn't.  i tried everything.  i even added middle click to one of my buttons on my pen.  this would sometimes work after clicking on a different page then come back to the page i was on.  needless to say, this was an impossible way to work.

THE SOLUTION: 

DISABLE (uncheck) "STICKY KEYS" in "ACCESSIBILITY PREFERENCES."

Everything is back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. After using my intuos pro medium for years without any trouble, this started being an issue for me about a month ago and it's been driving me slowly crazy. I thought it was my pen because I dropped it, so I even bought a new one. I believe your suggestion has fixed the issue, Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I take that back - it's started happening again. Maybe it's Chrome. I have the trouble in particularly in gmail. I just opened it on Safari where it seems to be acting ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. It seems that if you unplug the Wacom USB, and plug it back in, it begins working normally for a short period. I am going to try the "STICKY KEYS" option to see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After doing some more research I discovered that this is a chrome issue that affects all google sites. The only solution for now is to use a different browser. If you want to continue with chrome, you can download their development version called chrome canary, with the caveat that it may have bugs since it is unreleased. I have been using canary, the pen is now working and I haven't had any other issues so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines