• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Up to date flash player not working, need help ASAP

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will start by saying I am using a 2015 Mac with all updates installed.  I am also using Google Chrome and the most up to date version of Adobe Flash Player (I installed it four times already today).  My problem occurs when I attempt to run any program that runs on Flash.  On the websites I try to use, I either get a blank white screen or a message saying "Control-click to run Adobe Flash Player" that does nothing when I click it.  I have followed the steps on countless websites to fix it and nothing works.  At this point I have a really large issue as one of the websites for my school requires flash and I can't do my classwork (which is due tomorrow) if I don't have it up and running.  To recap, Adobe Flash doesn't work on any website for no apparent reason.  I really need help ASAP!

Thanks,

Connor

Edit:  This has happened before, however it fixed itself when I cleared my cache of cookies.  I have tried that this time and no such luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but this is one of the sites I've already seen.  Following the instructions did not help.

I would also appreciate it if you unmarked yourself as the "Correct Answer" as others might have my problem and think that this is a dead end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

please try the following:

• go to chrome:\\site-engagement
  • locate the site you are having problems with
  • change the number in the 'Base' column to 100
  • restart chrome

there is no answer marked correct. there is a button to mark answers correct, but none have been marked correct.

If none of the options on Google's help page, nor setting the site-engagement score to 100, do not work, I recommend the following:

• Try a different browser
  • Contact the site owner.  Perhaps their site is not coded correctly to handle Google's Flash click-to-play implementation
  • Contact Google directly.  Their browser is the one that is failing to load Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please tell us which Version of Google Chrome are you using? Also share the screenshot of the problem you are facing and the link you are trying to open.

You can open Flash Player Help​​ page and click on "Check Now" button to see the version of Flash Player installed or whether Flash is enabled or not. Go to Section 5. "Verify whether Flash Player is installed" on Flash Player Help​​ page and check whether you are able to view tree and moving clouds, if you are able to view Flash Content then the link you are using has some issues in displaying the flash content.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines