Update Adobe Flash on Mac 10.11 OSX

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the update and double clicked on it and a small grey box appeared with f on it and a 2cm scroll bar on the top right corner. The download is called InstallOS.dmg and is 5.01gb and going to take over 2 hours.

Is there a technical issue here and is this InstallOS.dmg for Adobe as I had some issues with a website before and I am concerned this download might not be Adoble. What is the download called.

Your suggestions to fix this appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a Flash Player installer file.  Flash Player installer file is not named InstallOS.dmg and it's around 25-30 MB is size.  Certainly not 5.01 GB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it from get.adobe.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it again and this time the download is AdobeFlashPlayer...2_ast_install.dmg and is 804kb but the same grey box appears and the scroll bar does not move

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AdobeFlashPlayer_32_ast_install.dmg is the online shim installer the downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background, which is why this file is only 804kB.

Is this the grey box that the scroll bar doesn't move that you're seeing?

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 8.13.11 AM.png

If so, I'm not sure why it's hanging.

Can you try the offline (full) installer posted at the bottom of the https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html page in the 'Still having problems' section?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines