Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update availability for Windows Server versions

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

We got a APAR for Adobe security update available and we are running windows 2012 servers, IE 10 in our environment. So my question is how do I check whether my servers are applicable or not ?

As we have installed the Desktop Experience feature on Windows 2012 servers.

This is the security update link Adobe Security Bulletin

Thanks in advance

James

Message was edited by: Jeromie Clark - Updated title to more accurately capture the question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Hi James,

The Servers aren't mentioned on the Security Bulletin because Flash Player isn't officially supported on any Windows Server version, although, installation isn't blocked.  See Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player for a list of supported platforms.  With that said, the update essentially applies to all platforms.  And, it's always best to run the latest, most secure version of any software.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

The Servers aren't mentioned on the Security Bulletin because Flash Player isn't officially supported on any Windows Server version, although, installation isn't blocked.  See Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player for a list of supported platforms.  With that said, the update essentially applies to all platforms.  And, it's always best to run the latest, most secure version of any software.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just as general advice, I know that there are legitimate reasons for why people run Flash Player on Windows Server.  These generally fall into the "I need access to a Flash-based dashboard on my intranet" category. 

The risk surface with Flash Player is related to processing malicious content, which tends to be from untrusted domains (banner ads, watering hole attacks, etc.). 

Recent versions of the major browsers have restricted when and where Flash Player can run, and at least for Chrome, you can whitelist only the domains for which you want Flash Player to run automatically.

If these are truly servers, you might want to put some thought into configuring the available browser on that system such that it limits Flash Player to running only on domains where it's absolutely required for the operation of that server.

If you're relying on browsing the open web on the server to perform basic administration tasks, you might want to think about how you could move to a more rigorous approach in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines