• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update including game software that Avast recognized as virus!

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Just informed by windows 10 system that Flash got update.  I noticed that the installation included a software called gameplayer.exe and Avast told me it's virus when loading up together with Flash player.  Please note.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i just got an adobe update and when it installed it opened up some Japanese fighting game on my computer, i could not close the game because i could not read the options they were in japanese writing or some other language, not this is installed on my computer as 2144 and some weird text. what is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Apparently a Japanese game app (with a name starting with 2144) downloaded with the Flash update on Windows 10. I was able to de-install the app, but it required trial-and-error guessing at what the buttons (in Japanese) meant. I am very concerned this was/is a virus that may have repercussions on my computer.

Here's a screen shot:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GameCenter software offer should not have been displayed for anyone outside of China.  We investigated the issue and it was resolved several hours ago.

@ gregorys1110

What is your geo-location and when did this happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m in Rockland County, NY, and it happened a couple of days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.  I thought it had happened when you posted.  It should be fixed now and future update notifications will not include this product.

Alternatively, opting into Background Updates, update option = Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended), is the quickest, way to update Flash Player and ensures no 3rd party applications are accidentally installed.  Background Updates updates Flash Player, silently in the background, within 24 hours of a new version being available.  Notification Updates, on the other hand, can take up to 7 days to update.  In this case, Flash Player 30.0.0.113 was released on June 7th and it looks like it may have taken 3 or so days for the notification to display on your system.

To opt into Background Updates go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Flash Player.  When the Flash Player Settings Manager displays, click on the Updates tab.  If you don't see Flash Player in Control Panel select to view by 'small icons'.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? Sorry, but this episode does not inspire me to trust Adobe to install updates automatically without my review and acceptance.

And by the way, the manual update did NOT offer me the option of separating Flash from the game app. So that’s a serious flaw on Adobe’s part. (By comparison, when Apple updates iTunes and other apps, it provides separate tick boxes for each app, so you can choose which to update.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally understand your concern.

Background Updates for Flash Player were introduced in March 2012 (Introducing Adobe Flash Player Background Updater for Windows | Adobe Developer Connection​).  They have NEVER included any third party offerings.  Third party offerings are only made available when going to adobe.com to download the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my Flash Player Settings Manager.  "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" is selected.  I haven't changed the settings in the period but still got update notification from the system tray to ask me to download directly from the Adobe site.  That means even I allowed Adobe to update in the background but Adobe still asked me to download from the site.  I think Adobe have to check this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a few situations where this can happen.  To investigate further, please provide the following:

• mms.cfg file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
    • zip the file before uploading it
  • FlashInstall32.log saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
  • FlashInstall64.log saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • Screenshot of the Flash Player Settings Manager > Updates tab

Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud , or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require account log in to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Please be sure the mms.cfg file is zipped to preserve file metadata.

Also, what is your geo location?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines