• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Mac to MacOS Majave - How Do get rid of Java Command-line tool pop-up?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep receiving the below image every time I start my computer. I've clicked on the More Info... and installed that flash player and still receive the same pop-up. I've gone directly to adobe and installed the latest flash player and received the same pop-up. I've gone to Apple and followed their advice and still the same pop-up. This is even restarting and installing Malawarebytes and scanning and trashing and restarting. How do I get rid of this annoying pop-up.

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 10.08.32 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message says you would need to install the "JDK". So why would you install Flash Player instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, not a tech person, I've followed the link and downloaded what was requested and still receive the same pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've even verified that I have the JDK installed and that it's up to date.

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 2.43.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've clicked on the More Info... and installed that flash player and still receive the same pop-up.

The java update notification you received has nothing to do with Flash Player.

Please do the following:

1. Go to  System Preferences > Flash Player
  2. Navigate to the Updates tab
  3. Post a screenshot of the Updates tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I believe I now vaguely understand it is not a flash player issue, but am not completely tech savvy to use proper tech lingo. I am also not sure if this is the item you wanted screenshot.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 1.21.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's a screenshot of System Updates, not Flash Player Settings Manager.  I'm referring to the Flash Player item in System Preferences (marked in red in the screenshot below).

Screen+Shot+2018-12-31+at+2.43.46+PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bottom line is that this isn't a Flash Player problem, it's a problem with Java.

The following Java documentation looks relevant:

Mac OS X information for installing and using Java

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines