• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates won't install

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videos are not playing, and whenever I try to update Flash, it says it was installed and then the next time that I turn it on, it's not installed. I have Windows 10 and I have tried clearing my cache and using different internet providers (including Chrome and Edge). Although on Chrome it says I have the newest version, Flash player itself is not showing that I have PPAPI and NPAPI plugins installed. It's also not letting me make these updates.

Flash.PNG

Chrome.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, and in Edge on Windows 10.  The embedded version will not display in the Settings Manager.  Please ensure Flash Player is enabled in the browser and ActiveX Filtering is disabled.  See Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Internet Explorer and Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge) for assistance.

For Chrome, Google also embeds Flash Player in Chrome, and again, the embedded version will not display in the Settings Manager.  Chrome also has moved to a click-to-play model where most Flash is disabled by default and the web page (if coded correctly) should prompt the user to enable Flash.  See the following for assistance and more information:

The NPAPI plugin is used by Firefox (and Safari).  If you don't use Firefox there's no need to install the NPAPI plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines