• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UPDATING FLASH PLAYER VERSION

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- I just updated the version to 29.0.0.140 today.  I download & install from the default browser (I.E.11) & installs on my secondary browser (Firefox) as shown in my computer programs & features.  Why & could that be causing any unknown problems?  I use the latest release versions of I.E.11 and Mozilla Firefox Browsers & my operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit). 

Update: I just downloaded & installed the update from my Firefox Browser & it did update.  I see where the previous version is now installed  in I.E.11 according to my computer programs & features.  I then uninstall it from programs & features & then install it from the Adobe website & now I see both versions are 29.0.0.140.  Very strange.  What could be the problem?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

The behaviour you experienced is normal and how Notification Updates works.  For Notification Updates, only a single player type (e.g. ActiveX for IE, NPAPI for Firefox, PPAPI for Chromium-based browsers) is updated at a time.  This happens when the player periodically checks for an update.  If an update is found, a registry entry is created to display the Notification Update dialog window upon system login to update that player type.  Due to technological limitations, the default browser is lau

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a notification to update Flash Player, which then launched the default browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- yes, I did get a notification.  It came up as soon as my computer booted up yesterday.  I clicked the download button and it launched in my default browser (I.E.11). 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The behaviour you experienced is normal and how Notification Updates works.  For Notification Updates, only a single player type (e.g. ActiveX for IE, NPAPI for Firefox, PPAPI for Chromium-based browsers) is updated at a time.  This happens when the player periodically checks for an update.  If an update is found, a registry entry is created to display the Notification Update dialog window upon system login to update that player type.  Due to technological limitations, the default browser is launched, instead of the browser that corresponds with the player type that needs to be updated.  In your case, NPAPI plugin for Firefix needed to be updated, and IE is the default browser.  Therefore, IE launched and the update for NPAPI plugin was downloaded and installed.

If you have multiple player types on your system, it's recommended to opt into Background Updates (update option = Allow Adobe to install updates). Background Updates will update all player types on a system within 24 hours of a new Flash Player being available.  With Notification Updates, only a single player type is updated at any given time, and can take 7 (or more) days to update.

<edit>

Actually, Background Updates are always recommended, as this update option updates Flash Player much quicker than Notification Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- I changed the setting to "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)".  I will see what happens on the next update & let you know what happens.

Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The automatic updating seems to work fine now.  I don't have to spend time on manually updating anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thanks for the update.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A website that I am trying to access is giving me this message:

You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Please visit http://www.adobe.com

Once Flash has been installed, click here to continue.

I have activated Adobe Flash player from the settings menu as per the instructions on your website, but I am still receiving the same message. What should I do?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Internet Explorer or Edge you may not update, Microsoft has LOCKED those browsers and updates are provided by Microsoft

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - use a different browser

2 - Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find Microsoft help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and browser are you using?

Provide the direct link to the content that is not working

This is the browser controlling the loading of the plugin, not Flash Player prompting to be activated.  In this case, with the limited information, it sounds like there  may be an issue with the Flash detection code in the content you're attempting to view.

<edited>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Window 10. I tried to access the webpage through google chrome and also microsoft edge. I received the same error message with both browsers.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the link to the content in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, that site requires an account to access

The information we have to enable Flash in the browser is:

If you have enabled Flash in the browser, added the domain to the list of allowed sites and the content still continues to show the message, the issue is with the content.  In this case, I recommend contacting the content developer as it sounds like their Flash detection isn't working with Edge and Chrome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines