Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent! Can not apply distributing Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We'd like to download the MSI file of Flash Player to perform testing in our firm environment. However, when we applied the distribution license, Adobe System rejected us and told us that Adobe is not accepting new distributors at this time.

We do really need to download the MSI file ASAP, please advise, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

@ JoybinChen

I followed up with the distribution licensing team and confirmed the following:

In alignment with the Flash Player end-of-life announcement, we are no longer taking requests for Flash Player distribution agreements in certain regions, including China.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum you posted in is marked as not for general Flash problems, it is for FlashHelp which is a type of help file produced by Adobe RoboHelp. I have now moved it to what I believe is the correct forum.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with the team, will get back as soon as I have a response.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ JoybinChen

I followed up with the distribution licensing team and confirmed the following:

In alignment with the Flash Player end-of-life announcement, we are no longer taking requests for Flash Player distribution agreements in certain regions, including China.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

Noted with many thanks, seems we can only download the exe file to perform testing and can not install with .vbs, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Maria,

Flash Player will become Flash Environment and will never die....

because there is a very large community behind... So Adobe must think about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Maria

How can we do if we need an msi file for testing in out environment ? Because we need to create a script to install the Flash update and deploy to other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well... the least you could do would be to communicate this broadly in the registration process... it costed me 2 hours precious work time to find a little foot-note here within this forum....

regards,

Felix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, you still can create your own msi....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not so much the MSI that I am after, it's the full installer... I would take an exe if I could... repacking would be the least of my challenges...

It would already be helpful to know, where the Stub-Installer temporarily downloads the other files required...  then a script of any kind would do the rest...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

I just arrived in the office and apparently there is an issue with the distribution licensing approval system, which is completely separate issue from the original post to this discussion topic. The licensing team is investigating.

Note that, while distribution licenses for some regions have seized this is definitely not the case for all regions.

I will post updates to Apply for Distribute License not Working  when the distribution license approval system has been restored.

Since the current issue is not related to the this discussion topic, I am locking this discussion topic.  For updates on the status of the distribution license approval system, see Apply for Distribute License not Working

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know how to create the MSI file by EXE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm most certainly sure, that this is not the right place to elaborate about this, but there are some wrapper programms that can take an EXE and wrap it into a MSI-File.

Of course to make this MSI file then run unattended for example with GPO software deployment the exe file must have corresponding command line parameters which can be scripted... also sometimes you can extract exe files as they are simply self extracting archives with an execution file inside that will do the setup...

So far my answer...

Here I repeat my question: Where does the stub installer download the actual installation files? Didn't find any under %TEMP%...

Or even better: Would Adobe be so kind to reconsider and grant the corporate distribution for the flash-player in Austria?

regards,

Felix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just reverse engineering it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines