Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use of flashplayer in China for data collection

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am working on a survey web application which asks user to see a video and while the user is watching the video my webapp collects the images of the respondents using the webcam on his/her laptop/PC. Of course, my application does this with an informed consent from the user. I have done the surveys this way all around the globe, however, I am not able to get the survey done from users in China. They somehow stop at the webcam configuration page where the user is asked to "allow" the use of flashplayer for the research survey.

My question is, is there a policy which prevents the use of webcam for data collection in this way in China? Why are my users not able to complete the survey?

Thank you for your comments in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player in China should be functionally equivalent to Flash Player in the rest of the world.  There's no magic webcam denial policy in play.  I think you're looking at something else on the machine muddying the ecosystem -- either the browser or security software, etc.

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about the affected configuration.  Also, to be really clear, is it all machines in China, all the machines in a particular organization (managed university lab, etc.), or just a particular test machine?  Are there any common denominators (a particular browser, operating system version, etc.)?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines