• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Users on my website is having to manually activate flash

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My users to my website at [link removed] keep saying that they have to keep manually reactivating flash on firefox web browser and opera. I have made sure they have updated there flash players. Cleared cache and Everything. What can I do to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is going to be a browser issue, not Flash issue.

All the browsers you mention disable Flash by default and force users to enable Flash.  Each implementation is different, so what may work on one browser may not work in a different browser.

Opera and Chrome are both Chromium-based and use the PPAPI plugin.  Latest version of Opera has implemented many of the same 'click-to-play' features as Chrome.  You may need to increase the site-engagement score for the site you are attempting to view for Flash to launch.  See Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects, Site Engagement - The Chromium Projects , and Google Groups for assistance.

Firefox uses the NPAPI plugin.  See Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help for assistance.

If you continue to experience issues attempting to enable Flash on these browsers, please contact the browser vendor for assistance.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing Flash content on the site.  YouTube videos are HTML5 videos not Flash.  Self-promoting your personal site is not allowed on these user-to-user help forums. If there is indeed Flash on the site, post the exact direct link to the Flash content that is not playing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bottom line is that the major browser vendors are making it difficult for end-users to use Flash Player.  We're about halfway through a 3-year deprecation roadmap, and users will only be met with increasing amounts of friction moving forward.

There's no "fixing" the problem.  You're going to have a support headache until you migrate your Flash content to HTML5/JavaScript.

Adobe Animate CC brings HTML5 Canvas output to existing Flash animations.  More complex content may need to be rewritten to run natively in the browser.  If it's been a while since you've updated your website, the web has changed a lot.  First and foremost, phones are the dominant client on most of the websites that I look at analytics for.  Flash Player support on Mobile doesn't exist (making content built for a mouse work for touch on a screen 1/5th the size isn't something you can apply a one-size-fits-all transformation to fix), so if the larger traffic patterns hold for you, migrating may just mean that your site works better for your customers.

There are lots of vendors (including Adobe) that make it easy to make sites that are attractive and usable across all targets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines