• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Flash Player with Chrome and Firefox

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to watch shows on HBO.GO and SHOWTIME ON THE GO, although every time I try I get an error message saying that I need to install the latest Adobe Flash Player and enable it in my browser. I am using a Mac OSX 10.6.8 and have automatic updates as well as installed it again.....only to have the same issue arise. Can you please help me? Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Jane Kennedy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Chrome and Firefox do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the following  versions:

Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit)

Firefox 48.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chrome and Firefox use two different plugin types and they are not interchangeable.  Chrome uses the PPAPI plugin; Firefox uses the NPAPI plugin.

Chrome 49 only uses the embedded PPAPI plugin, not the PPAPI plugin downloaded/installed from adobe.com (unless you copy the plugin file to Chrome's embedded plugin location).  Firefox should use the NPAPI plugin downloaded from adobe.com.

Please do the following:

1. Launch Chrome
    1. Navigate to chrome://plugins
    2. Click +Details in the upper right to expand plugin details (if not already expanded).
    3. Locate the Adobe Flash Player entry
    4. Copy and paste the Version and Location in your reply
  2. Launch Firefox
    1. navigate to about:addons
    2. On the Add-ons page click on Plugins (if not already there)
    3. Locate Shockwave Flash
    4. Click the More link
    5. What is the full version listed?  What is the activation setting (e.g. Ask to Activate, Always Activate, Never Activate)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines