• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VB Application that runs SWF animation STOP to work. I ASKED to community!!

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On october 2020 i posted my concern

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/swf-file-format-end-of-life/m-p/11479246?page=1#M335794

and community members told me that FLASH EOL it would not have affected my business.

Well... i'm blocked!! I really hope to find a workaround thanks to your help.

On clients pc win7 no issue. All clients windows 10 are blocked. 

H E L P 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Here's the official, authoritative announcement from 2017: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here is the Enterprise EOL FAQ, which describes your available options:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody told you it would be OK. Not one reply even suggested it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading your every comment, dear my pastor who preach to all those who are having problems today. Don't you have anything to do today? Go buy the candy come on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They most certainly did say it would be OK. One of the comments states "The EOL is for the Flash Player plugin for browsers. The SWF format will continue to be supported for offline usage and for the Harman runtime." Which was posted by an Adobe community professional.

The issue is that Adobe blocked the usage. I have been looking at this for years and I do not recall them saying they would block it. They said they would not support it. That is a totally different thing. It shouldn't be up to Adobe to decide what to block on other companies machines. Not suporting the software is fine, but to block content is not OK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are quite right. Someone (not Adobe staff, nor am I) did say that. Don't overlook the Harman Runtime, it has a significant cost but may save some businesses. (It is not for end users).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you happen to have a full installer (20mb and not 1.2mb) from 2018, it does work

Let me know if you need the installer. Will figure out a free place to upload

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some hinds to get you started:

Get rid of the old version (biggest problem is seems).

Set the right Security on syswow64/flash.

Deinstall with flashutil_activex (in syswow64/flash) 

Restart PC

Search for old flash.ocx versions on your PC.30.0.0.156 seems to work

Copy the files to a submap of your application and install with "regsvr32 flash.ocx"

Make a mms.cfg file.

This only works for non browser software ofcourse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the official, authoritative announcement from 2017: 

Here is the Enterprise EOL FAQ, which describes your available options:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

luckily it looks like i solved it.
these steps worked for me:

1) uninstall any flashplayer using unistaller

2) remove all files from folders  system32/macromed/flash/      syswow64/macromed/flash/
(to remove is not easy, you must change ownership and take full control)

3) install an older version without timer bomb

4) in system32/macromed/flash/      syswow64/macromed/flash/

copy & paste my historycal Flash.ocx that i had in my application setup

then works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am handicapped, I receive at least 40 emails a day for months. Please stop now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To stop receiving email notifications from this forum, edit your profile settings:

1. Click on the avatar picture in the upper right to display the context menu
  2. From the menu, click Account settings
  3. In Account settings, navigate to the Notifications menu item
  4. Scroll down to Set email notification frequency

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We would strongly advise against installing an old Flash Player.  Most Flash Player updates contain security fixes, and there are sophisticated malicious systems that detect and automatically exploit vulnerable systems.  Installing an insecure, unmaintained copy of Flash Player on your clients' computers puts them at risk. 

If your clients simply need access to an application or application(s) at a specific URL, you can use our Enterprise Enablement feature to enable those URLs to load.  For a local application, it's probably just a matter of allowing a specific set of file:/// URIs, and you should be able to make an mms.cfg for your clients to install.

You can read more about options for enterprise, and Enterprise Enablement feature in the Enterprise EOL FAQ and the Admin Guide, below: 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

It's also important to note that when we announced Flash Player EOL back in 2017, all of the major browser vendors announced roadmaps to drop support for browser plug-ins.  This means that future updates to both Windows and most major browsers will drop support for Flash Player.  Depending on how you integrated Flash Player, this might be problematic in the context of future Windows updates.  You should really prioritize removing the Flash dependencies from your application.

Again, rolling back to an old vulnerable version puts your clients in a bad position.  Using Enterprise Enablement and a current version will allow your application to work, while minimizing the attack surface posed by malicious content on the open web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines