• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video and other content won't load or won't work - ALL BROWSERS

New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I try to click on the "watch now" button on Amazon Prime Video for any episode, it just does nothing. Same thing for BBC Iplayer. YT is fine but I think that isn't flash, only HTML5?

I've tried installing the latest Flash version, and on browsers apart from Tor, the download button does not load on the Official Adobe Flash download page so I can't download. Anyways, I eventually tried Tor and managed to download it on there with ease. But then when I open up the installer, it says "Application initialisation error".

I've also tried uninstalling Flash and then installing the recent version again but this still persists. I've tried the basics like clicking "allow" on Flash for all websites and the same for Javascript.

Windows 10 OS

t7odhkur8br41.png

Error when installing latest version of Flash

20ieculb9br41.png

i39docxd9br41.png

^^^ No download button on the right or select OS or version - this is on Chrome but also occurs on Edge.

Update: Also on some pages, some code is at the bottom of the page. Other pages will display it at the top and in areas where Flash content is supposed to be shown. On this page, there is some code at the bottom.

Capture.JPG

Update 2: I was on the gov.uk site and it said for a better experience, please enable Javascript (it is enabled), so this might be a JS problem? On chrome:components, it says Adobe Flash Player - Version: 32.0.0.363. 

Update 3: This problem occured on the 14th April, I did a lot of stuff and it didn't work. Used my PS4 for Netflix and Amazon Prime Video instead and then a few days later, it just started working again. And now, in the last 2 days, the problem has returned 😞

Sorry for the disorganised and heavy use of text, it's all been copied and pasted from other forum sites.
TOPICS
Browser , Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Flash Player Application Initialization Error, are you using a proxy server?

Regarding the other issues with Amazon Prime and iPlayer - as @Test_Screen_Name mentioned, neither of these currently use Flash Player (they did in the past).  I would recommend going to their respective support forums for assistance, or performing a general internet search for playback issues on these 2 services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Application Initialization Error, I'll need to review the installation log files.

• In File Explorer, go to C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
    • AppData is a hidden directory.  If you don't see it, refer to Microsoft's Show hidden files help document
  • Upload the 2 files: Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log to Cloud Documents (see How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud) or some other file sharing service of your choise that doesn't require account log on to access
  • Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply

For the missing download button on the Flash Player download page, I've never seen this issue before.  The screenshot also appears to be quite old as version 32.0.0.344 (March 11 release) was replaced with version 32.0.0.363 on April 14.

Do you have mulitple ad/script blockers installed?  If so, it's possible they're causing some of the weird behavior you are seeing.

Also, from the Flash Player download page screenshot:  This shows the browser is Chrome.  Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and is always up-to-date with the latest version of Flash.  There is no need to install PPAPI plugin for Chrome separatelyl

While Google does embed Flash Player in Chrome, it also disables it by default.  See Google's help document https://support.google.com/chrome/answer for help troubleshooting Flash in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A26f2af7d-5f80-45ec-9201-ce30...

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Af019f15d-4108-4783-bb0d-3887...

Hi, thanks for the reply. The two links contain the two files you asked for.

The screenshot you were referring to in your reply is at least 2 weeks old as this is when the problem first occured (in the previous version) it now says version .363 if I revisit the download flash player site. I have an ad blocker on Chrome but on other browsers like Edge and Brave, there are no scripts or ad blockers and the problem persists on those.

The problem first occured about 3 or so weeks ago and at that time, I had the latest flash player and Chrome version was the latest. I then uninstalled flash player and then attempted to install it again in order to fix it but that didn't work. I think Flash Player is installed but it's just not working correctly on browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you focus on Flash. IPlayer does not use Flash. Nor does Amazon Prime I would think. All the main video providers moves to HTML5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the issue then? Javascript? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what the issue is. This is the Flash Player forum, and we know it's not Flash Player because it isn't involved. You may find it much more worthwhile to ask elsewhere. You seem to have quite a collection of issues, and it may reflect a single deeper problem with your system. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, do you have any suggestions for other forums and help pages? Thanks for trying to help, appreciate it. I've just kind of given up on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines