Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video buffering

Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very frustrated i have no clue what's going on why my youtube video and live streams are buffering at 720p and for the other resolution like 480p, before a couple weeks ago everything was fine until the latest flash player update which is 26.0.0.131. I couldn't even view TWITCH live steam too at 720p it keeps buffering in the middle of the stream and just keeps loading there and it wont automatically return back to the live stream again. I am a Win XP user too by the way, i am using a fibre internet connection. I cleared my cache from my browser i restarted my modem i have done everything but its still no use. I still get the buffering again & again

from youtube live stream and youtube video also twitch live stream its really bad.

Also i checked from here Flash Player Help | Flash Player Help my flash player version is 21.0.0.213 which was the previous version but strangely i have already update it to 26.0.0.131 but why does it still detect that i am still using the previous version. I really cant figure out what is going on with those buffering it really got to the point where i cant view video

smoothly & it is so annoying that i had to keep refreshing the page and its still the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because your connection to your ISP is fast, that does not mean that your ISP's connection to Google is fast.  I went through the same experience with a fiber provider this year, and in practice, my 50Mbps cable connection was *far* superior when talking about connectivity to YouTube, NetFlix, etc. 

Here's a great place to start: 

Google Video Quality Report

Also, be sure to watch that "How Video Gets To You" link, and see where your ISP is in their performance ranking.  If your ISP ranks poorly (my fiber provider ranked bottom of the list, while my cable provider was at the top -- it was a totally accurate assessment in how things performed), then YouTube is going to work poorly.

As an aside, it's way past time to move off XP.  Compared to that XP machine, you can buy a really nice Win10 laptop for $400, a Chromebook for $250.  Chrome was the last reasonably secure browser on XP, and they've even dropped support at this point.  If you're doing anything remotely sensitive on the machine (banking, healthcare, etc.), you're begging for identity theft at this point.  If you want to join the Mac camp, Walmart has good deals on refurbished Mac hardware at a wide variety of price points (relative to age).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to limit the video buffering quality for YouTube e.g. I want to see them max 720p, the higher resolutions consuming more internet usage quota from my ISP package ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you could, that would be a control on YouTube's side.  They're going to be the authoritative source for that answer.

That said, you can generally select a resolution on an individual video, but I don't know if that preference sticks for future videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines