video hangs up on firefox

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stream content from the internet instead of paying sky high prices for cable, and this latest version of

firefox has been giving me issues with video playback i am running  i was running windows  10 version 1607 until the forced  recent

windows update to 1703  with  firefox version  54.0  I did not have any issues at all until after the automated windows update is when the issue began

win10 version 1703 64 bit

firefox version 55.0.3 64 bit

intel duo core 2,6 gig

and 6 gigs of ram

I am running a lower level nvidia graphics card with the latest driver and i am having issues

with play back video freezing and some times having a green bar at the top of side of the video

i have tried disabling hardware acceleration in firefox and on the flas video settings with out

any change. flash video works perfectly in microsoft edge and google chrome, it is just

firefox i am having the play back issue with. I would not bother and use use a different browser

but firefox has far superior  add on extensions giving greater ability to block ads and redirects then the other 2.

I have read help posts on other forums and all i have really seen is people saying to completely remove flash player.

i have not tired that because i figured i would not be able to watch most videos if i did. this computer is used only for

streaming video to a television i do not use it for anything else so i am hoping that there is a work around, i would hate to lose

the ability to stream all the content of sites i go to below is a url that I have encountered the issue with and one that i use the most

[link removed]

any help you people can give me to fix this problem would be truly appreciated.

thanks in advance for taking the time to help me solve this issue

Rob

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a Firefox bug, and they're doing a lot of work that's fairly invasive these days.  It's one of those challenges of maintaining old software.  Sometimes you have to update really complex, stable, mature code to meet modern requirements.  It's almost always painful. 

You might also try disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox itself: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration

Upgrade your graphics drivers to use hardware acceleration and WebGL | Firefox Help

If that doesn't help, I'd also check out the latest beta and/or nightly build of Firefox.  There's a good chance that a fix is already in the pipeline. 

I'm also pretty reluctant to test video piracy sites for multiple reasons, but primarily, because *someone* is paying to run that service. They're making money somehow.  If it's not from subscription fees, it's probably still at your expense in one form or another, and none of those possibilities are great. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines