• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos are not working Windows 10 Microsoft Edge?

Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Videos are not working Windows 10 Microsoft Edge on news streams, utube etc.

I have spoken to Microsoft and they are telling me it is an Adobe Flash Play issue.

How I have been advised that Flash Play is already integrated in Windows 10 and that I don't need to download Flash Player.

Can anyone please help me?

Regards

Helen

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Hello everyone,

I have resolved the issues with Microsoft.

The problem relating to videos not being able to be played was that the Audio Devices were not functioning.

Microsoft helped be to download some specific update and videos are now working again.

Thank you all for you assistance.

Regards

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue!

Please, be more specific with the issue observed. What is the exact observation for you when you try to play the video.

Also, if you can share following information:

• Operating system version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please quote them exactly, or provide a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amrita,

Thank you for responding.

Please find the information below as requested:

• The Operating system version is Windows 10 Microsoft Edge
  • I cannot find any version of Flash Player version
  • I have tried to view a video on a news stream or Utube and I get the following error message "We're sorry, an error has occurred while playing video (video is not readable)"
  • This is  direct link to one of the web pages that demonstrates the problem http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/music/adele-opens-up-about-devastating-grammys-mishap/ar-AAmW...
  • When I look up Adobe Flash Play on the Adobe website it says I don't need to download Flash Player as it is already integrated with Windows 10 Microsoft Edge.

Can you please assist me as I need to review some important information on video and I cant at the moment. This has been going on for over a week.

Thank you

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge does not contain, nor use Edge. The older MSIE will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michael.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not update Flash Player on Edge or Internet Explorer, since Microsoft has those browsers LOCKED and only updates Flash when Microsoft sees fit to do so

Search Microsoft – Official Home Page  for all things Microsoft

Or use a different browser that does allow you to update plug-ins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John.

I will check and see what I can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 and Edge introduce a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have resolved the issues with Microsoft.

The problem relating to videos not being able to be played was that the Audio Devices were not functioning.

Microsoft helped be to download some specific update and videos are now working again.

Thank you all for you assistance.

Regards

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't make any sense... it's a video problem, not an audio problem.  The audio on Netflix will play, but only to a black screen.  I'm having to switch back to Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Netflix doesn't use Flash Flayer. So whatever the cause, it isn't that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to lock this thread from 2017.  If you have an issue, open a new thread.  The problem you're experiencing is unlikely to be the same as the one that was resolved here.

Here's the video troubleshooting guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

Before you start a new thread, please check out this guide on getting a good answer: 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines