• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

videos will not play only on nbc.com

New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 7, 32 bit google chrome, flash player 11.2.202.235, none of the videos on nbc.com will play the video window just remains black

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

It's fixed! I deleted everything Adobe on my machine and made double sure that all registry items related to Adobe were gone and everything is back to normal. Thanks you all for your patience with me. Now I wonder which Adobe things were conflicting. I suppose I'll find out when I have a need for the pdf editors etc. and put them back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do other video sites work?  YouTube?  Do you have any ad blockers in place?  Have you tried using another browser to see if it also occurs there?  If you right click on the black area, do you get the Flash Player context menu?

I just gave the site a try using Chrome but videos displayed properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all other video sites work, I have tried Internet explorer and firefox also but they don't play the videos there either. and when I right click the flash player the context menu comes up, I tried changing the video quality but it just remains black.  I have something called spyware blaster it says it prevents ad/ tracking cookies and prevents the installation of active-x based spyware... I think this might be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling that utility to see if it helps.  I've found that some ad blocking software can interfere with video streams from content providers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. My context menu does NOT appear. It would appear our problems are slightly different. I'm not even loading the flash player. All there is on the page is a borderless black space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, and I do not have any software that specifically blocks adds....using malware bites and windows defender.....could it be settings on either of those

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try reseting your hosts file?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks- reset hosts files and....still not working- very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kgm456,

What version of Flash do you have installed?  What browser and OS are you using?  What sites are you having problems with?  Is it just NBC?

I'd suggest doing a clean install to make sure everything is reset.

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Chris- the uninstall/re-install solved the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and re-install what? Adobe? Chrome? My OS? What the heck? I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you fix it!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. I uninstalled and reinstalled Flash. (Even though the page told me that flash is embedded inside of Chrome) I'm at a loss. How did you fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem several times now, I hear the sound from the video, but no video.

The first time I had multiple versions of Flash running in chrome. Went into Chrome://plugins and displayed the details for all the plugins, then deleted the files for the old versions. That fixed the problem the first time.

The second time it happen I removed chrome, deleted all the Chrome flash stuff and reloaded everything, that fixed it again.

The third time it happen I deleted my ad blocker, but that made no difference, except I could hear the ads playing now. Again I went into Chrome history and deleted all the history. In that process a window pops up with a bunch of other things you can delete. This time I added, delete CONTENT LICENSES and that seem to fix this time.

So we will see how long this lasts. Maybe there is something weird with licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please work through the video troubleshooting guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If you're still stuck, please follow the directions in the guide on providing the dxdiag report and additional information about what you tested and saw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I delete the CONTENT LICENSES, NBC videos have been playing fine for last few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I don't know what to say to that. It would seem to be too much of a coincidence if we have different problems that both problems keep nbc videos from playing. However, none of the things in this thread that some people say have worked have worked for me. I deleted my history / licences / cookies / etc. from the beginning of time till today and I still can't play any nbc videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system here is Windows 7 Professional, SP1, 64 bit.

The computer is a stand alone and not part of any domain.

My login has Administrator privileges.

The UAC settings are all the way down to NEVER NOTIFY.

I have a bunch of plugins and extensions running, although I recently delete quite a few.

The computer is running Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, video hardware is Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset.

My feeling it is some kind of licensing, or permission issue. Windows has penchant for limiting rights to certain directories.

Maybe Adobe can provide some insight into what exactly happens when a video plays, what directories are involved, is there licensing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It acts like a permissions problem on my end as well. The flash player doesn't even launch. The browser finishes loading the page and the space where video should be is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please help us? Nothing is fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of that. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled and reinstalled Flash and that was the problem, NBCSN works perfectly now. Thanks for the fix Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far all other video sites work. However, I have noticed that comedy central Daily Show videos sometimes lock up in the middle of trying to feed me 5 commercials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me other video sites work fine. Ad blockers are closed and the same thing happens in IE. I'm using chrome. I do not get the context menu with a right click. It's just empty space on the page which is done loading by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines