• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

videos will not play only on nbc.com

New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 7, 32 bit google chrome, flash player 11.2.202.235, none of the videos on nbc.com will play the video window just remains black

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

It's fixed! I deleted everything Adobe on my machine and made double sure that all registry items related to Adobe were gone and everything is back to normal. Thanks you all for your patience with me. Now I wonder which Adobe things were conflicting. I suppose I'll find out when I have a need for the pdf editors etc. and put them back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some chatter about the recent flash/chrome update causing problems playing videos, although it seems mostly on the Apple MAC, and that has happened only in the last few weeks. Also there is some chatter about  the PDF plugin might be related to video playing problems. I probably did play around with the PDF plugin in all the things that were tried. I am using Chrome PDF viewer not Adobes

When I was having the problem it was ONLY NBC videos that would not play.

It would be nice if Adobe would tell us that happens when the player is launched, what directory and files are being access.

It is interesting that it happens in IE to, I did not try IE, but this would tend to eliminate Chrome as the problem.

Maybe if you deleted all the Adobe products off your computer, and insure the directories are completely delete, perhaps flash is sharing files with their other products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never thought about the adobe pdf programs. I'll look into that and post the results. I know I'm not the only one that has had this problem but it does seem to be very rare so your idea of a combination of two programs causing the problem together sounds like it may be on the mark. Thanks for your feedback. I've been feeling pretty lonely out here with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're seeing video fail on one and only one site, it's probably not Flash.  All of the relevant major commercial video uses H.264 video, which is working fine.  There *is* an issue that affects video playback with the Nellymoser audio codec, but Nellymoser is typically present with the On2/VP6 video codec, so it's primarily relevant for things like cam chat sites.  If you're watching modern video (Hulu, YouTube, etc), this would not be the problem.

My guess is that either there's a problem between you and NBC, or you have a third-party plugin that's preventing the page from working as intended.  For sites where commercials pay the bills, things like ad-blockers and anti-tracking plugins can frequently break playback.

To narrow down the root-cause, work through the video troubleshooting guide and report your results:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fixed! I deleted everything Adobe on my machine and made double sure that all registry items related to Adobe were gone and everything is back to normal. Thanks you all for your patience with me. Now I wonder which Adobe things were conflicting. I suppose I'll find out when I have a need for the pdf editors etc. and put them back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great new! Thanks for sharing it.

The NBC videos must try to access some file (or something) that is out of date or in the wrong format and the video halts.

Probably NBC move to some new format and we still had old Adobe files on our computers.

Looking back I did delete all the Adobe stuff on my computer, (along with a bunch of other programs). There are now two Adobe programs that were both installed on April 15, they are

Adobe Flash Player 17 ActiveX

Adobe Flash Player 17 NPAPI

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that the issue was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question is NOT answered just because one person fixed his problem by reinstalling. I've submitted the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it's a driver issue. What video cards are people using in this thread? Mine is a Republic of Gamers GTX 760 4gig. Nvidia driver v.350.12 rel 4/13/2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I re-installed chrome last week, which fixed the problem for a few days, the pepperflash player was placed in a different directory than before. The new location below.

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 17.0.0.169
Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0

Name:Shockwave Flash

Description:Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0

Version:17.0.0.169

Location:C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\42.0.2311.90\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

Type:PPAPI (out-of-process)

Disable

MIME types:
MIME typeDescriptionFile extensions
application/x-shockwave-flashShockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash Player
.spl

Disable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed Chrome on April 13 and could play NBC video for a few days before not being able to.

Then Chrome and the pepperflash plugin updated themselves on April 17.

Chrome version is now 42.0.2311.90 m

Pepperflash is 17.0.0.169.

It still did not work until I deleted the history and content licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One the one hand, I like that I'm not the only one running into this problem.

One the other hand, this is driving me crazy because a couple have said you fixed it but the problem came back but Nothing I've tried (and I've tried everything everyone said to try) has worked at all.

I sure hope Adobe will shed some light for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, deleting everything Adobe-related may have worked, but let's be real... The CORRECT solution probably has something to do with NBC's web guys being freaking stupid. How many computers (Mac or PC) have Adobe software on them!? I guarantee some of the NBC web guys have Adobe software. This is their fault, not Adobe's. Their video portal is just a hot, unreliable mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is from 2012 and is no longer attracting useful comments.  I'm going to lock it. 

If you're having a problem, please start a new thread, and follow this guide on how to get a useful answer: 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines