Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virus problem

Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I keep getting a popup window that asks me if I want to allow a file called installer underscore adobe underscore flash underscore player underscore English dot exe. It is from downloadv dot freesoftstore dot com. AVG catches it every time and eliminates the virus threat, but this window keeps popping up every few seconds. I have deleted my cookies and temporary internet files. How can I make this go away? I use Adobe Flash Player. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this to Flash Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because Flash Player is installed on 1.2 billion machines, it is a popular choice for malware looking to disguise itself as something legitimate.  Beyond being the target of impersonation, there's really nothing here related to Flash Player.

Because the process is already being launched by something running on your system, it sounds like you have an active malware infection.  You can try to use commercially-available anti-virus/anti-malware tools to clean up the infection, or you can take the salted earth approach and just re-image the machine.  In my personal opinion, starting from scratch is the best approach.  As USB keys are common vectors for transmitting viruses, you might want to steer clear of them for backing up and restoring any data you have that you might want to back up first.  There are a number of good online backup providers like CrashPlan, and cloud storage providers like Dropbox and Google Drive that will let you stash important documents and stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines