Exit

Vulnerability Scanner Update Issue - Windows 10

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moderator: added operating system to title for clarity]

Hi,

I am currently running Internet Explorer 11 (V.11.674.15063.0) and a vulnerability scanner says the version of Adobe Flash player (v 27.0.0.130) needs to be updated.  The newest version is .183 but when I go to the download page (go.adobe.com/flashplayer) it takes me to a webpage with instructions for enabling and disabling the add-on.  Website: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-ie.html

There is no download link on the page and any link for the download re-directs to that same enable/disable webpage.  Even when I selected the option from the forum post to download the file (same go.adobe.com link) it takes me right back to that website.  That is VERY annoying.

According to that website, the latest version of IE comes with Flash player installed.

Q1 - How do I stop Windows Updates from managing the Adobe updates so I can download the latest version immediately?

Q2 - How do I get Adobe to update as every stand-alone installer program I've tried keeps telling me that Windows Updates is managing the updates?

Adobe-issue-installer.jpg

Thanks,

CS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE on Windows 8.x and Windows 10.   As such, all Flash Player for IE updates on these Windows versions are released by Microsoft via Windows Updates.  A stand-alone installer for Flash Player for IE/Edge does not exist.  Please run Windows Update on your system to download the Flash Player update for IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines