• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

W7, IE 9, White Box, No voice or video

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 7, 64 bit, Internet Explorer 9.  I just downloaded IE 9 yesterday and am no longer able to view Flash Videos.  Have spent over 3 hours  the  past two days playing around with it trying to get it to work.

Tools>Internet Options indicates I am NOT using IE for 64 bit. (I also unpinned the 64 bit one from on Start memu)   Flash shows I have a properly installed program, 10.2.159.1.

When I go to Ask Dave and click on a video, I get a white box.  No voice, no video.

I have uninstalled  and reinstalled 4  times.   I'm showing I have active X installed.

I used the Adobe Uninstall Flash Player (uninstall ActiveX0 program also and reinstalled.

Tools ACTIVE X is not checked.

Appears my files show up under   Under C: WINDOWS>SysWOW64, MACROMED>FLASH>   - does that possibly mean it is putting it under 64bit?

Read the help files, but apparently I am still missing something.  Any ideas would be appreciate.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

If you are talking aout Ask Dave on Kelby TV, switcth to the Compatibility View mode.

Ask Dave.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Since you have a 64bit OS, then your Flash files would be located in the SysWOW64 location. And yes you need to use the 32bit browser for viewing any Flash content.

Using IE, go to Tools, Manage addons. Under "Show"(light text) look in all 4 categories for Shockwave Flash Object. Is it Installed, Enabled and what version?

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking aout Ask Dave on Kelby TV, switcth to the Compatibility View mode.

Ask Dave.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both  so very much for taking the time to answer.  The compatibility view button did the trick.

Appreciate your time in posting a solution.  Life is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, glad you solved that. IE9 has many new features and even included some that weren't in the latest beta prior to being released. I don't know if you have reviewed them, but this may be helpful to bookmark in case any other issue would come up.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/features

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for that link.  Appreciate.  Very kind of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, you are welcome. Sometimes it's hard to find things on Microsoft:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines