• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webcam doesn't work in sites like Omegle

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, my webcam working in skype, but in sites like omegle or chatroulette doesn't work...i tryed a lot of thing like going in chrome://plugins and desativate NPPAPI and other tips...

Give me some help fellas!

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're just showing what the browser exposes to us.  You should be able to confirm by trying an HTML-based WebRTC demo, like WebRTC Demo.  If your camera isn't showing up there, it's an issue in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey buddy...so, webcam doesn't work in WebRTC too... i can't solve this problem in chrome, i dont have any idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Chrome doesn't see your webcam, and if they don't see it, they can't pass the information to us. 

The folks on the Chrome help forums might be able to help you resolve that:

Google Groups

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie, but the problem is in Flash, because this week, my webcam works fine, normal, this problem happens because i restaure my HD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebRTC isn't Flash.  If your camera isn't working there, it's not working at all in the browser.  We depend on the browser to pass the camera information to us.  If the browser isn't seeing your camera in WebRTC, it's definitely not sending it to us.  Resolving the issue in Chrome should resolve it in Flash.  Also, you might want to just try rebooting if you haven't done that yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a similar issue, However with mine, when the applet that produces and broadcasts my webcam is loading, and i go to the flash settings, it finds my webcam finds, and shows me a preview.

However once the applet loads the webcam seems to get disabled, and just doesn't work. I can still select it in the menu but it's just a white screen. Now it worked fine before i did a reset, and as far as i know i have all the updates.. works fine on other apps also, Skype etc... i've checked the site you offered above and it works fine there..

Any other ideas for a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Chrome and my webcam is working WebRTC but not in sites such as omegle or chatroulette, is it normal? Actually my cam is not even detected, on chatroulette it is written "your webcam is showing no activity" but it works fine on Internet Explorer..

If anyone can reply me thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of a couple weeks ago, Chrome now requires all content using Camera and Microphone access to use HTTPS.  If the content isn't served over HTTPS, Chrome will not show the Camera/Mic permission dialog.

Since Chrome mediates access to the webcam from Flash Player, we don't see any hardware as available until you authorize it in Chrome's UI.

If Omegle wants their content to continue to work in Chrome, they'll need to start using HTTPS for everything.

In the meantime, you might be able to use another browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The webcam have the same problem in IE, Mozilla or Chrome...and last week i don't remeber what i do, but i solved this problem... =[

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar problem recently and couldn't connect to video chat sites at all. There are several reasons of this problem really and several things to fix it. You should do following steps to solve the problem (try reconnect to omegle on every step):

1-) Check you browser updates. Google Chrome gives the best performance for video chat sites. You won't also need to worry about your Flash update if you are using Chrome but take a look at your flash version too.

2-) Use CCleaner to remove all cokies from your browsers.

3-) Check if there's any program or device which keeps your camera busy.

4-) Check your firewall settings and anti virus settings.

You can take a look at here about how to manage your firewall settings: Windows Firewall from start to finish - Windows Help

There are also another options on here to resolve the camera problem: Omegle Doesn't Detect Camera | How to Chat Online

I hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try doing a system restore that may work ....

start>>allprograms>>system tools>> system rstore....

for vista just type system in the start search above the start button and u wud find it ... do a restore to an earlier date .. that wud wrk.

You may try other sites like omegle to test your webcam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You can fix issue by clear omegle from Omegle from Macromedia site Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Storage Settings panel

2. Update adobe flash player if available.

3.  To resolve the issue, open your firewall program and in the list of excluded sites/apps/programs, add Omegle’s URL or ports, whichever applies. How to Fix Omegle not Working on Google Chrome?

4. If still have problem, you should try other similar sites like omegle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines