WEBCAM STOPPED BROADCASTING IN OMGCHAT AND WICKEDCAMCHAT?

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS MAC - OS X EL CAPITAN

CHROME - Version 51.0.2704.106 (64-bit)

SAFARI - Version 9.1.1 (11601.6.17)

FIREFOX - 47.0.1

Your Flash Version - 22.0.0.209

Your browser name - Google Chrome (PPAPI)

Your Operating System (OS) - Macintosh (OSX)

MY WEBCAM LOADS AND BROADCASTS ON SKYPE, FACETIME, AND YAPCHAT. I CAN BROADCAST MY CAM ON YAPCHAT, WHICH IS WEB-BASED ON ALL THREE BROWSERS (FIREFOX, SAFARI, CHROME). MY WEBCAM ONE SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING ON ALL 3 BROWSERS WHEN I VISITED THE SITES (OMGCHAT AND WICKEDCAMCHAT)? THIS WAS NEVER AN ISSUE SINCE I BEEN USING THE SAME LAPTOP AND AND BROWSERS FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS? I EXHAUSTED EVERY MEANS OF TROUBLESHOOTING. I UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED ALL 3 BROWSERS FROM THE APPSTORE. I UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED ALL ADOBE SOFTWARE (FLASHPLAYER AND SHOCKWAVE PLAYER. I ALSO CHECKED ALL THE PLUGINS AND EXTENSIONS FOR ALL THE BROWSERS TO MAKE SURE THEIR ENABLED. I TOOK A FEW SNAPSHOTS TO GIVE YOU A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THIS ISSUE. WHEN I VISIT OMGCHAT MY CAM DOES NOT LOAD AUTOMATICALLY LIKE IT NORMALLY DOES. WHEN I GO UNDER CAM SETTINGS UNDER THE CAMERA TAB, YOU WILL NOTICE MY CAM APPEARS IN THE CAM BOX TO SHOW IT IS WORKING PROPERLY. WHEN I CLOSE THE SETTINGS BOX MY CAM DOES NOT APPEAR, NOR CAN I SEE ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS A CAM? IT SHOWS THAT ITS LOADING BUT NEVER DISPLAYS A PICTURE. MY CAM STAYS BLACK THE WHOLE TIME? IT ALSO SHOWS BRIEFLY MY CAM IS ON BECAUSE OF THE BLUE ICON NEXT TO MY NAME APPEARS IN THE LIST, BUT MY PICTURE DOES NOT DISPLAY. I SENT TECH SUPPORT NUMEROUS EMAILS, BUT THEY KEEP OFFERING TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS THAT I HAVE ALREADY TRIED WITHOUT ANY SUCCESS. THEIR LAST OFFER WAS TO SAY IT HAS TO DO WITH ADOBE WHICH I FIND INCORRECT. MY FLASH PLAYER WORKS ON OTHER SITE WITH OTHER BROWSERS? IS THERE ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BE CONFLICTING WITH THE PERMISSIONS? I ALREADY ENABLES ALL THE PERMISSIONS FOR ALL BROWSERS TO "ALLOW" PERMISSION TO THAT SPECIFIC SITE.

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 6.26.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-12 at 6.29.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-12 at 6.48.09 PM.png

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines