• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website Using Flash, What Do I Do Now??

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Our website uses Adobe Flash in order to view it, what do we need to do now? Do I need to change our website?

Would appriate any help!

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Yes, you need to completely redesign, replace or remove all the elements using Flash in the next 3 weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you need to completely redesign, replace or remove all the elements using Flash in the next 3 weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very sad.  Your website is unusable for so many people who can't view Flash.  In a few weeks, it will be obsolete for everyone.   Rebuild your site without Flash!  Replace Flash with MP4 video, HTML5 and JavaScript.  No special players needed.

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My understanding is that if the users have Windows 10 on their system, as long as they don't run the "Optional" flash removal KB from microsoft, they will still be able to leverage flash that is imbedded in the OS until July/August 2021. 

I am still waiting for answers from Adobe regarding if having the flash player installed post Jan 12'th will prevent the updated browsers w/o native Flash support to fail over from the installed flash player to the OS layer flash...

Advice above is valid - the sooner to abandon flash the better.. Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines