• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do we use after 2020 in place of flash player?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a teacher and many interactives that I use are with flash player. What am I supposed to open the interactives with after 2020?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Indeed, if someone else made them (sorry, I wrongly read your message as saying you had made them), then THEY had 3 years to solve this, and it is those people you might talk to. Conceivably, they did it and didn't tell you. In general, if there is a public forum where these interactives are discussed, you will probably find lively discussion on this matter, and you might find suggestions of alternative presentations.

In general, beware of building lessons on tech solutions; things change rapi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no replacement. Your interactives will stop working. Whoever made them has had 3 years notice to make new ones that don't need Flash Player, they have left it very late. You will probably need different lesson plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a teacher, that is very upsetting that all of the assignments I have
developed off of these interactives are now going to be useless. I am going
to have to start from scratch on so many topics because you are choosing to
not use flash player. There is not enough time in the day to do that. You
have made my life much much harder on top of all the stress I have from
trying to figure things out electronically due to COVID.

--
Erin Improta-Young

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have had 3 years to do this work. 

(Note: this is community forum; I was not replying for Adobe, I'm just a fellow consumer of their products).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I was never informed of the change, however I am not the one who made the interactives because I don't know how. Unfortunately, I also don't have the time to try to create my own and I haven't been able to find any other interactives that cover the content (at least not as well). Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, if someone else made them (sorry, I wrongly read your message as saying you had made them), then THEY had 3 years to solve this, and it is those people you might talk to. Conceivably, they did it and didn't tell you. In general, if there is a public forum where these interactives are discussed, you will probably find lively discussion on this matter, and you might find suggestions of alternative presentations.

In general, beware of building lessons on tech solutions; things change rapidly and you can expect pretty much everything to fail sooner rather than later. Keep on top of what is expected to go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines