• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is ADOBE's recommendation to replace the functionality of "adobe flash player" ? which they end

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

For completeness, here's the announcement from 2017: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple.  Find other interests that don't rely on Flash Player.

The good news is most Flash developers already switched to other technologies when the End of Life was first announced 3 years ago.  They had plenty of time to prepare for this.  So when Flash Player finally ends in a couple of weeks, you'll probably never miss it 🙂

❄   ☃   ❄

Happy Holidays!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I  am very confused as to how to use the many science interactive websites that use Adobe Flashplayer.  I have been using these sites for many years and my virtual curriculum will suffer when Flash stops.  I know the technology is old, but that is fine with teachers.  The activities and videos are still useful and already embeded into our curriculum.    

I would ask that ADOBE please create a way for the stressed out teachers to still be able to use Flashplayer or find another solution.  We need all the consideration as possible.   Teaching virtually right now is such a challenge.  

Trudy

[Personal info removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Trudy5F95,

I assure you, the decision to phase out Flash Player over 3 years was not some arbitrary or snap decision designed to hurt teachers & students.  In fact, Adobe had very little say in the matter.  Why don't you ask Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge and other browser makers why they killed Flash.  Also talk to the websites that still use Flash.  They've had 3 years to come up with alternate content.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For completeness, here's the announcement from 2017: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For playing flash files they offer nothing. There are however solutions. Tell flash sites about ruffle.rs so they can keep playing flash files. Find standalone swf/flash players to play the swf files you have downloaded.

I hope this helps. https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/psa-playing-flash-after-2020/td-p/11716613

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have that coverd in an article I wrote here with lots of detail. I hesitate to provide a link since the last time I tried dozens of comments and the entire article was purged. Look through the community pages and you should find it easily.

Simply put dont rely on adobe for flash. There are others who will offer a substitute so that the content can live on hopefully better than ever.

There are also people archiving content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines