Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this Pop Up? Is it harmful and how do I get rid of it

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flashplayer pop up logo 1.png

Recently, my desktop computer is now showing a Flash player pop up (see above) that comes on about every half hour and remains for about  10 seconds

The appearance of it about 2- weeks ago seems to coincide with Adobe ending Flash player last month and notifying people to uninstall it in their computer

I checked and I don't have flashplayer on my computer - hence cannot uninstall it

The only thing that it appeared to affect was my Microsoft 360.  I had a powerpoint that had an embedded video that when I activated
 tried to use flashplayer and it corrupted the program, to where Microsoft 360 would not operate and I had to uninstall it.

I also reset my Google to original settings and that does not prevent it.

I ran scans on my computer and start up apps and neither identifies it at all, let alone as malware.

Have you seen or heard of this popup and any advice on how I can get rid of it?

Thanks for any info or assistance you can provide

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Some software/program you have installed relies on Flash Player.  Now that you've uninstalled it, that software/program can't find Flash Player.  There are many.  One that has been identified as the culprit for many users on this forum is Smilebox.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default5vj7ckxqmw34,

Annoying perhaps, but it's not the least bit harmful.  Something is looking for Flash Player.  Maybe an old website or some other app on your system.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some software/program you have installed relies on Flash Player.  Now that you've uninstalled it, that software/program can't find Flash Player.  There are many.  One that has been identified as the culprit for many users on this forum is Smilebox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines